Thursday, July 2, 2026

May 11: Sofie & Noah's 10th Birthday!!

May 11:  Sofie and Noah's 10th Birthday!!
We were so excited to celebrate these two cute kids.  I can't believe they are 10!!  They had school.  So we just had a normal breakfast and normal lunches for them.  They got to open their new shirts and stuffed animal gummy bears before school.


I found this perfect purple panda shirt for Sofie.  She loved it!  Her shirt says, "Just a girl who loves pandas." 
And I got a space shirt for Noah.  
I thought they looked cute sitting up at the counter eating breakfast.  Noah put his gummy bear on a stool too.  Kira was already done eating breakfast.  She's the first to leave the house for school.  
At school, their teacher gave them hats to wear.  Sofie brought cupcakes and Noah brought sugar cookies.  They are so cute!
I blew up pandas and bears to add to their birthday decorations.

They were happy to see the new balloons.




We had piano lessons.  I gave them a gift before lessons.  They each got a puzzle to solve.  
My view:  Isak playing piano, Kira doing homework, Sofie and Noah doing their puzzles and I got to read my book for a few minutes.  :)
Then after piano lessons, we opened gifts.  Yay!


Cards and money from G&G Swensen.

Sofie got Ohuhu Markers, sketch book, panda slime...
spa kit for her doll, outfit for her doll and a desk for her doll.  She also got fake nails.  
Kira's half birthday gift...a fake plant.  :)  Isak got a football arrow thing, and he asked me to return it.  That's ok...
Kira made both of them cute origami items.
I guess I didn't get pics of Noah with gifts.  Oops.  I'm pretty sure I have videos though.  He got an erector warship set, a drone, a frisbee dodgeball, bike horn, hula hoop (we returned it, because it didn't work right), a drum set and a 4 in 1 game.  

Sloppy Joes for dinner.  
Noah asked for a Bear Cake:  I think it turned out cute.  Noah loved it, so that's all that matters.  :)


Sofie wanted a chocolate cake from Walmart.  She was happy too.  

My parents FaceTimed right as we were lighting the candles.  Great timing.  They sang with us and watched Sofie and Noah blow out the candles.  
I think they had a great 10th birthday! 
Noah likes his drone...Isak helped figure it out.  
Birthday lunch notes.
Noah loved his dodge frisbee.  He took it to school and had a group of kids play with him.  We played it more after school for a few days.  
G&G Nyborg gave Sofie a fanny pack with the letter S on it and Noah got a magnet cube.  
Aunt Melissa also sent them cards.  💜  And we got texts from family wishing them a happy birthday.  I think they felt very loved and celebrated.  
A few things about Sofie:
Sofie loves chili over chips, the color purple, pandas, dancing, journaling and crafting.  Most days she has a big bowl of ice cream.  Chocolate crumble is a favorite.  She is very responsible and helpful.  She can make her own breakfast and packs her own lunch for school.  I love finding Sofie curled up with a good book or playing games with her family.  She's a sweetie and good natured.  Also, Sofie has 22 pandas right now!! 

A few things about Noah:
Noah loves quesadillas, the color blue/teal, bears, anything to do with a computer, making youtube videos.  He is willing to learn new technology like Canva, typing and editing his videos.  He made a goal to read scriptures on his own, and has done really well with it.  He even writes summaries of what he has read.  He patches his eye on his own and does well with it.  And  I love how he gives me lots of hugs.  He is fun to be with and tries so hard to be a good sport with family activities.  

Together: Sofie and Noah make each other laugh all of the time and are so fun to watch together.  Of course, they have days when they don't want to be around each other, but then they miss each other and play together again.  They have a cute relationship.  :)

Here's to being 10!  I will continue to enjoy watching them learn and grow.  We love our Sofie and Noah!!
 

No comments: