Tuesday, October 28, 2025

September 13 & 14: Franklin and Nashville

September 13 & 14 -

After Nels and I played pickleball early in the morning, we got the kids ready and headed to Franklin for the rest of the day.

I dropped Nels, Isak and Kira off at the temple! We took a few pics before they went inside:


Then I took some of Sofie and Noah:




While the older kids were in the temple, I took Sofie and Noah to a nearby park.  They enjoyed playing and I took a few pictures of them.





I enjoyed our time at the park.



We even tried some ping pong.
Then it was time to pick up the rest of the family from the temple.

After we picked them up, we all went to the Factory at Franklin:  A cool place with shops and restaurants. 
Big chair pictures:




After we looked around, we decided to eat at Hattie B's Hot Chicken.  We played some Corn Hole before and after the restaurant.

Nels got the super hot chicken and couldn't eat it.  Haha.  They kindly replaced it with medium heat.  Isak got medium and liked it.  Sofie and I shared no spice at all...southern chicken.  

We also ate waffles, mac and cheese, grits and baked beans.  It was fun to try something new.  I probably wouldn't eat there again.  It wasn't my favorite kind of food. :)
I like this picture, :)
And that was our adventure to Franklin.

September 14, Sunday:
I got a message from my nephew Michael saying that he was in Nashville.  I'm so glad he reached out!  We to to meet up with him and hang out for a bit.
We met him at the Parthenon.  He lives in DC and was visiting friends in Nashville.  It was so fun to catch up and talk with him.

We walked around the parthenon and the kids played at a playground for a while.  
We saw this cool tree:

I liked taking pictures of everyone:


I had made some brookies so we snacked on those and walked around.  Very pleasant afternoon.

Thanks for coming Michael!!  
We had two fun travel/adventure days in a row.  The weather was great for both and I'm glad we did it.

No comments: