Tuesday, February 11, 2025

January 19 - 31, 2025: Moments

January 20 - no school
We had a snowflake day.  Sofie and Noah made these snowflakes out of Keva planks.
We watched Snowflake Bentley read aloud.  We've listened to or have read this book a few years in a row.  Then Sofie made paper snowflakes for her window in her room.  
Isak and I played Dominion...I won. :)
I made cinnamon swirl bread.  
It was a cozy day off.

I got my hair cut!  This was my inspiration...
I straightened my hair...but it curls up nicely and looks similar to the inspiration photo.  
Another birthday party, this time for Rosette...Kira's purple TY unicorn.  We played Mantis, sang and gave gifts...yep, I gave my usual quarter.  
Kira's tooth came in and her old tooth did not come out...it just moved to the side!  
Another birthday party.  This time for Sofie's panda key chain Chi.  
We played Race to the Treasure. :)
I got to take Isak to an Archery competition.  He's in the middle...some kids are in high school.  The middle and high school compete together.  He did pretty well and even got a bullseye or two.  
Sickness hit our home...Kira started getting sick January 25 and it kept her out of school for almost two weeks!
When she was feeling ok, we did some origami.  She taught me how to make this cute octopus.  She's a patient teacher.  
Kira found the first origami unicorn she made.  Her origami skills have improved, but we wanted to take a picture of her first unicorn.  
Isak and I played an epic game of Qwirkle.  We ended up tying at 260 points!!
Noah was next to get sick.  So Kira and Noah enjoyed a long game of Scrabble together.  

Noah and I finished our space book.  Yay!
Sofie was next to get sick.  She had the throw up and fever sickness.  Noah and Kira were coughs and fevers.  
Then I got sick too.  I took Kira and I to the doctor.  We got steroids and cough medicine and inhalers.  
And that's how our January ended...Isak got sick next.  And well, it's February 11 today and Nels was just diagnosed with the flu yesterday.  So for the last 17 days one or more of us has been sick!  Yuck!

No comments: