January 1 - 17: Moments
Since we were in Pennsylvania for New Year's Eve, we decided to celebrate on January 3 instead. So we cooked some Papa Murphy's pizza and played our last 3 rounds of our 13 games of Chicken Foot (that we had started a few weeks earlier). Nels won by 2 points!! Then I won next, then Isak, Kira, Noah and Sofie. They were all good sports and it was fun to play together.
Sofie's face! Haha...Then we watched Wish Dragon. I stayed up until 11 pm or so and I think Isak made it to midnight. We had a good time and I'm glad we celebrated.
A different day in January:
We played our new game Qwirkle. Lots of fun.
Back to school on a cold day in January.
Lots of Snowballs, big and small. And lots of pictures.
We walked to our neighbors and played too.
I tried to make maple candy with the snow. It failed. I boiled maple syrup and then we poured it on the snow. It was supposed to freeze the syrup into candy. It just made a mess instead...
So I painted the snow instead.
Nels made yummy cream chip beef and eggs.
The next day the kids built a snowman and had more fun in the snow.
Snow angels.
Oh, Kira loved making snow cones with real snow. She put all sorts of things in the snow and gave them to the family. My favorite was her strawberry lime snow cone. :)
We played Qwirkle again. Guess who lost...
Sofie threw a birthday party for her cupcake squash mallow Diedre. She did a great job. We did a jump rope competition. Then we played pass the parcel with a gift that she had wrapped multiple times. A snack, sang happy birthday and gave gifts. I always give a quarter to the stuffed animal. :)
The kids brought their own squash mallows to the party.
And I completed my 300th workout on Bodi. Yay!
Back to school on a cold day in January.
Isak cubing. He set up all of his cubes so nicely...
January 10 - Snow Day! Lots of Snowballs, big and small. And lots of pictures.
We walked to our neighbors and played too.
I tried to make maple candy with the snow. It failed. I boiled maple syrup and then we poured it on the snow. It was supposed to freeze the syrup into candy. It just made a mess instead...
So I painted the snow instead.
Nels made yummy cream chip beef and eggs.
The next day the kids built a snowman and had more fun in the snow.
Snow angels.
Oh, Kira loved making snow cones with real snow. She put all sorts of things in the snow and gave them to the family. My favorite was her strawberry lime snow cone. :)
We played Qwirkle again. Guess who lost...
Sofie threw a birthday party for her cupcake squash mallow Diedre. She did a great job. We did a jump rope competition. Then we played pass the parcel with a gift that she had wrapped multiple times. A snack, sang happy birthday and gave gifts. I always give a quarter to the stuffed animal. :)
The kids brought their own squash mallows to the party.
One day, Isak and Kira didn't have school but Sofie and Noah did have school. Nels was nice and got them McDonald's and they ate together at home.
Noah and I have been reading a space book together. I've enjoyed our time together and I like learning about space too.
I got to go to the temple this month...And I completed my 300th workout on Bodi. Yay!
That's all for half of January.












































No comments:
Post a Comment