Moments Sept 1 - 7, 2024
For a primary lesson about building on a firm foundation, I did an object lesson with a ping pong ball and a blow dryer. It definitely caught these two boys' attention. 😄
Kira did a FHE lesson with the scriptures and building with Jenga blocks. I love seeing the kids learn the gospel together. Kira's origami collection. 😊
Crafty Club with Kira. She taught us how to make origami hummingbirds...inspired by the Hummingbird Festival.
Nels and I played Dominion with Isak.
Noah built this for his monkey out of Keva planks.
And Sofie built this...
Here's Kira on her way to the bus with her trumpet!
Nels walks her to the bus stop every morning.
Here's what I made for Sofie and Noah's baptism...
Cute Kira with her new trumpet ready for 6th Grade Band.
The kids found some leaves at the playground/pickleball courts.
Yay!
Here's the program for Sofie and Noah's Baptism.
September 7, 2024 - Saturday
Sofie and Noah's Baptism day. We drove to the church and practiced "When I am Baptized" on the way. We arrived at 10:40 a.m.
I set up the photos and we took pictures. We also set up the Zoom link/laptop. Love this family of mine.
Sofie and Noah were both excited.
They changed into their jumpsuits. We rolled up the pant legs.
Bro. Brinkerhoff from the bishopric conducted. His wife played the piano. Sister Kim Asbell came for the primary. Then it was just our family and our virtual family.
Sofie and Noah were both excited.
They changed into their jumpsuits. We rolled up the pant legs.
Bro. Brinkerhoff from the bishopric conducted. His wife played the piano. Sister Kim Asbell came for the primary. Then it was just our family and our virtual family.
We sang "I am a Child of God" for the opening song. I said the opening prayer. Kira gave her talk on baptism. She spoke so quietly and the microphone wasn't working and the air conditioning fan was so loud. I was worried the people on zoom wouldn't be able to hear her great talk. So I said, "a little louder, please." Well, that messed her up. She got frustrated and walked out of the primary room! I quickly said, "Just a minute while we figure this out." I found Kira in the bathroom crying. I comforted her and told her it was ok and that I was sorry for saying something. We closed the primary doors and that helped it to be quieter. And she gave her talk. She did great.
Then Sofie and Noah sang "When I am Baptized." So cute.
Isak did a great job giving his talk on the Holy Ghost.
Then Sofie and Noah sang "When I am Baptized." So cute.
Isak did a great job giving his talk on the Holy Ghost.
Then we went to the baptismal font. Sofie went first. Kira, Isak and I were the witnesses. Nels baptized her. Then Noah was baptized and we witnessed again. They both went under the water completely and camp up. No crying, just happy. :)
Sofie got to unplug the font before she changed back into her clothes.
While we waited for Sofie, Noah and Nels to change back into their clothes, the kids sang primary songs. I loved this part. :)
I also love that Sofie brought Samantha (my doll as a kid). :)
Then we had the confirmations. Nels did great. Probably five minutes a blessing! Nels would pause, seeking what to say. I wrote down some notes. Nels said it better than my notes though!
I also love that Sofie brought Samantha (my doll as a kid). :)
Then we had the confirmations. Nels did great. Probably five minutes a blessing! Nels would pause, seeking what to say. I wrote down some notes. Nels said it better than my notes though!
Sofie - remember your decision to be baptized. You will receive guidance for your life. The Holy Ghost will speak to you and comfort you. Remember to pray, read scriptures. You are loved. Be courageous. Holy Ghost will help you as you marry, mission, employment and family.
Noah - you are a chosen son of God. Blessed to come to earth at this time to prepare for second coming of Christ. You will receive the priesthood, serve a mission. Learn to listen to promptings. Learn to be calm so you can hear the Holy Ghost. You're called to cry repentance (like his baby blessing. :) ). Bring others to Jesus, witness miracles. You are intelligent, strong. Take action to receive the Holy Ghost by praying and reading scriptures. Fight for truth and righteousness. you will be strengthened through the Holy Ghost.
After the blessings, Sister Asbell, the primary president, spoke to them about journals. She welcomed them and gave each of them a journal. Bro. Brinkerhoff spoke next and welcomed them. He talked about an acorn seed that grows to be a giant oak tree. Faith is like the acorn seed and we need to nurture it. He gave them a plastic acorn to remind them to nurture their faith/testimony.
We sang a closing song, "I Feel My Savior's Love." Sister Asbell said the closing prayer. Then we spoke to everyone on zoom. Great Grandma, Aunt Kathy, my parents, Nels's parents, Abi, Aunt Mandi, Aunt Melissa, Kaden and Khloe, Aunt Kierstin, and her kids and Anna-Lisa and Britta. Maybe a few others...not sure. It was fun to chat, wave and say thank you.
That experience, reminded me of the bible story in 2 Kings, Elisha's army. The young servant is afraid and Elisah says, fear not, the army fighting for us is bigger than the army we are fighting against. The young man's eyes were opened and he saw the heavenly army. Physically, we were in the primary room with just our family plus three others. But virtually, spiritually there were so many more. Family on zoom, family in heaven.
We said good bye to everyone. Then we went to Donut Palace. The selection was sad. So we went to Dunkin' Donuts. Sofie and Noah were very happy to pick out donuts.
Once we got home, Sofie and Noah opened their gifts. Scripture bags from G&G Swensen. Scriptures, gummy bears and kit kat bar from me and Nels. Journals from G&G Nyborg.
It was a great day and I'm so grateful Sofie and Noah chose to be baptized. I hope they remember this day as special and loving.
Flashback:














































No comments:
Post a Comment