We left Jenny's Tuesday, June 4 around 9 a.m. and after driving 11 hours, we arrived at my parents house around 9:30 p.m.
It was a very good travel day. We only stopped twice. We filled the car with gas, ate and went potty at both stops. Our fist stop was at a Maverick somewhere.
The kids liked the corn dogs. Kira had yogurt and Fritos. I had a chicken quesadilla.
Our other stop was Pinedale, WY. My mom told me that my dad went to 3rd grade in Pinedale. Pretty cool. Dinner was mostly junk food. The kids had lots of snacks during the drive. So they weren't very hungry. I didn't care what they got, as long as they were happy! Haha. Isak got a cream soda and breakfast sandwich. Noah got white donuts. Sofie got a bag of Cheetos. Kira got a bag of Taffy! I got some cheese wrapped in pastrami and popcorn kettle chips. I was nervous about driving the Jackson Pass. I prayed that I would be ok and be able to drive it during the daylight. My prayers were totally answered. Traffic was slow. So I was able to take the windy turns slowly. And just as we got through the pass, the sunset! I truly felt my burdens lightened all during this travel day. I was awake and alert and we just had a great travel day.
Of course, my parents made the drive all worth it, as we pulled into their driveway and they were outside to greet us. They got us all settled and we went to bed. I was so happy to be home again.
Poor Isak and Kira were so sick for our whole visit to Idaho. They had fevers and a terrible cough! But I think they still had a good time. But since they were sick, we all took it easy. We stayed home and just enjoyed our time.
June 5, Wednesday -
My dad made his famous pancakes. So good. He even added blueberries in them.
And strawberries on top, if you want...
Milk pancakes for grandpa and the girls.
We recovered from our drive. I did lots of laundry. Sofie and Kira did lots of crafts. Isak and Noah played lots of Mario(the old Mario) and Minecraft. I took a tour of Jethro 2.0 - my parents new RV. I just talked a lot with Mom and Dad and soaked up all of the attention. :)
And strawberries on top, if you want...
Milk pancakes for grandpa and the girls.
We recovered from our drive. I did lots of laundry. Sofie and Kira did lots of crafts. Isak and Noah played lots of Mario(the old Mario) and Minecraft. I took a tour of Jethro 2.0 - my parents new RV. I just talked a lot with Mom and Dad and soaked up all of the attention. :)
Kids put together the 101 Dalmatian floor puzzle. I loved seeing them all work together on it.
Isak felt ok once in a while. So Grandpa had him and Noah help him with the yard and gardening. Isak loved driving John Deer.
Us girls carded!
While the boys worked. :)
Idaho! popsicles and wagon rides.
Sofie liked helping grandpa too.
Beautiful cards I made...Mom made me my favorite...Grandpa Enchiladas with an egg on top. So good!
The kids loved the dirt pudding for dessert.
Isak felt ok once in a while. So Grandpa had him and Noah help him with the yard and gardening. Isak loved driving John Deer.
Us girls carded!
While the boys worked. :)
Idaho! popsicles and wagon rides.
Sofie liked helping grandpa too.
The kids loved the dirt pudding for dessert.
June 7, Friday
Avocado toast with eggs and hot chocolate.
My parents spoiled us with these delicious breakfasts. I usually just eat cereal or a protein shake. So I loved these fancy breakfasts!
We stopped by for a few minutes and gave hugs to Grandma Stewart. 💜
Then we walked home. I just love this picture of my Sofie walking to G & G's house.
June 8, Saturday -
My parents spoiled us with these delicious breakfasts. I usually just eat cereal or a protein shake. So I loved these fancy breakfasts!
Sofie found my cabbage patch doll and fell in love with her. She played with her everyday and changed her clothes. Her name is Samantha and Sofie brought her back to Tennessee with us. It made me so happy to see Sofie playing with her!
I took Sofie and Noah to the church playground.
We stopped by for a few minutes and gave hugs to Grandma Stewart. 💜
Then we walked home. I just love this picture of my Sofie walking to G & G's house.
June 8, Saturday -
Dad made hash browns and eggs. He used Seasoned Pepper. Mmmmm. I love it. Thankfully, my mom surprised me and bought me some seasoned pepper to take home. 💛
Noah, Sofie and Isak ran through the sprinklers.
I painted Kira and Sofie's finger and toe nails. That took a while. But they love them. I did my nails too.
I painted Kira and Sofie's finger and toe nails. That took a while. But they love them. I did my nails too.
We decided everyone felt well enough to go to Big J's for dinner. I got a Big J burger, fries and an Oreo huckleberry milkshake. Mmmmmm.
Sofie and Noah loved all of these toy dispensers. I bribed them to eat and be good and gave them a quarter each. :) Worth it!
Afterwards, we went to the park by the river and the kids played on the playground. I took pictures. :)
Sofie and Noah loved all of these toy dispensers. I bribed them to eat and be good and gave them a quarter each. :) Worth it!
The shake!
The burger. So good!Afterwards, we went to the park by the river and the kids played on the playground. I took pictures. :)
So cute...Sofie helping Noah climb up the pole. :)
We read the memorial to the Veterans statue.
Then we threw rocks into the Henry Fork River.
Enjoyed our time together. 💙
June 9, Sunday -
Isak and Kira were not feeling well. Up and down with their fevers and cough again. So they stayed home with my Mom. Sofie, Noah, Grandpa and I went to church. It's always fun to see people from when I grew up.
Sunday picture!
Carding on Sunday too.
Grandma did some church at home with Kira and Isak. They listened to a general conference talk and wrote their thoughts about it.
Grandma did Kira's hair super cute!Sunday picture!
Carding on Sunday too.
Dad, Isak, Kira, Sofie, Noah and I played pickleball in the driveway. So fun. I loved seeing Grandpa play with the kids. He's so patient with them. We rotated through so everyone got to play with each other.

June 10, Monday -
I worked out with Dad. Isak made his ham and eggs in the muffin tin. Grandpa made delicious hash browns.
Later, Kira and Grandma made rice crispy treats with M&M's.

Later, Kira and Grandma made rice crispy treats with M&M's.
My parents bought a pickleball net. Isak, Grandpa and I set it up and chalked a court for us to play!

Dad is a natural and it was so fun to play with him!
June 11, Tuesday -


























































No comments:
Post a Comment