We had a Robotics Competition, Feb 3rd.
It started at 7:30 a.m. in Portland, TN, which was an 1 hour and 15 minute drive.
We were up bright and early. It was an all day event too. We finished up around 3 p.m.
The kids did great. They had good attitudes even when their robot didn't work right, they were tired and they placed in the low 40's out of 60 teams.
Here's a few pictures:
Cute Kira!
Here's their teams working.
This is how the gym is set up...
I set myself up with a camping chair, snacks, water and a good book!
Kira did great driving and got some points for her team.
Isak did well also. Sadly, his team made some modifications and it messed up the robot! It was pretty frustrating. They fixed it for the next round, but it hurt their placement. Isak was pretty bummed.
Here's Isak checking out the scoreboard.
I got to eat lunch with them. I got McDonalds for them. Isak ended up drinking two smoothies!
I loved being there with them, taking pictures and cheering them on. That was our last competition for the year.
















No comments:
Post a Comment