Thursday, February 8, 2024

January 2024 Moments

Our family moments in the month of January 2024!!

First off...A picture of us reading scriptures.  We made a goal to read the Book of Mormon this year.  I was pretty ambitious at first and we were reading 2 pages a day.  It took a while (like a half hour!) because the kids asked a lot of questions.  Once school started we read 1 page a day.  It's a lot more manageable and gives us time to answer questions.  The kids read and underline and are paying attention really well.  Most of the time we have a good experience.  :)  Only reading one page a day though means it will take us more than a year...but that's ok!!
Sofie heard the garage door open early in the morning.  She rushed downstairs so she could get her daddy hug before Nels left for work for the day.  💜
The kids and I went for a walk around the block together.  
We got the boys haircuts done during winter break.
Here's Noah with his favorite Christmas presents.  Reese's the blanket bear, M&M the stuffed bear and he is wearing his watch.
Kira and Sofie made some slime putty.
We finished up Sofie's science magic kit during winter break too.
Bubbles that you can hold...
We went outside and did more.  Isak was the best at blowing the bubbles.  





Bubbles are always fun.  
Sofie spent her Christmas money from G&G Swensen and bought a flamingo bird.  It plays two songs and has a recording feature that records your voice and plays it back to you.
Building together.
Mmmmm, Nels makes the best burgers.  :)
Sunday...
Kira and Noah loved Sofie's bird so much that they each got one with G&G Swensen's Christmas money too.  
And here's all of the birds.  They've been fun and loud. :)
Sofie's artwork of Noah and his stuffies.
On the Robotic Competition day, I took Sofie and Noah to their friend's Boston's birthday party.  It was a dance party.  They had fun.




Isak received the Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon!  He's such a great kid!  So proud of him.


Isak played the ukulele and Kira and Isak sang their favorite primary song, "A Child's Prayer."
Goal tracking:
25 Days of Reading Aloud Challenge and
Book of Mormon chapter coloring tracker.
Here's Kira's happy place.  Doing her arts and crafts at her desk in her room.
Her new bedding.  
Sofie's peace corner... : )
I went to Costco and came home stocked up on chocolates.  Mmmmm.  I share occasionally.
My little twins reading scriptures.  Love it.
And I love the twins doing dishes for me after we made waffles.  
I decided to try watercoloring.  
It was so fun!  We followed a tutorial for a winter scene.  The girls joined me and we had a lovely time together.  Here's Kira working on it.  
Here's our finished artwork.  So fun!

Kira decided to do some more...
FHE - we reenacted Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life.  Isak is the tree.  Yarn was the iron rod.  We had a big magnet tower for the spacious building.  The blanket on the floor is the river.  The eye masks are the darkness and we had apple slices for the fruit.  It was fun.  
Every night I hold Noah's hand for a minute or two before he goes to sleep.  It's a tender moment for us.  Just wanted to remember it. I'm sure he'll grow out of it eventually.  So far, we've done it for about two years or so.  
Reading together.  My favorite part of the 25 day reading challenge is seeing them with books and usually together.  
Kira invited us all to her stuffed animal, Rosette's birthday party.  We sang, opened presents (I gave her a quarter), had fake cake and played a game.  
YW's.  We built a fort, asked get to know you questions and ate yummy food.  Do you see Kira?!  She loved it.  

Eye appointment for Noah.  We learned his left eye is still struggling.  So he will wear a patch everyday for two hours for a while.  We hope it helps!  
He picked out some new glasses...He's thrilled, haha.  Actually, he ended up choosing these glasses.  
Another birthday party.  Sofie planned and invited us to her key chain, Chi's birthday party.  She had a ticket for us to get in, snacks, fake cake, gifts (I gave a quarter again), and we played Charades.   I love that everyone indulged her and we had a good time.  

Nels and I went on a short date together!  We went to the gym together.
I always wanted to do these ropes.  It was fun!
We also got hydro chair massages.  So relaxing!  Then we went to the Nutrition Spot and got protein shakes.  It was a cute place.  We played some basketball (I creamed Nels) and four square (Nels barely won).😁  So fun to be together!!



I bought some cute boy patches for Noah.  He's a trooper.  
Noah took my picture one Sunday after church.
Another YW activity.  We learned how to do charcuterie boards.  Here's Kira's.
We squeezed in Isak and Noah's dentist appointments.  No cavities!  SO, so happy!!
And that's January:
We started new family goals and reading challenge.
We tried watercoloring.
I played the violin a few times.  
We went to our friends house and they came to our house to play games. 
We had a week off for snow.  
Isak received the Priesthood and Isak and Kira started YW/YM.  Sofie and Noah started Activity Days!
I decluttered and organized the game closet.  It's so much better.  
I finished Oct - Dec 2023 videos.  
Pretty good January!

No comments: