Thursday, December 31, 2020

All Things Thanksgiving!

School shut down the week of Thanksgiving until Dec 10.  That was a little crazy trying to do school for four kids.  But we survived...One activity for Sofie and Noah was a Thanksgiving plate.  I asked Isak and Kira to help Sofie and Noah do it.  They were awesome helpers!!  Kira helped Noah and Isak helped Sofie.  I helped Noah too.  Noah struggles a lot with coloring.  We are working on it.  Isak took this picture.  
I was so proud of Noah for coloring his whole paper blue...
Kira colored the food and Noah glued the pictures on. Noah is the top one and Sofie's is the bottom picture.
Kira made this for one of the virtual art projects.
We made turkeys!  The kids loved this activity.  Little donuts with toothpicks.  Then they put fruit loops on the toothpicks.  

Here's Isak's turkey.
Sofie was so proud of hers.  
Kira's...
Noah liked doing it too.  Good practice for his fine motor skills.
And they loved eating them too.  
And Thanksgiving day went kind of like this...

Nels and I prepped the turkey.  He cleaned it and I chopped herbs and got the butter rub ready.  I made a delicious sweet potato apple side dish.  It took a long time to make, but so yummy!  The kids colored a table cloth while we worked.  
They colored so well!  I was SO glad I bought it and they took some time to do it.  
We ended up hanging it up instead of using it on the table.  We used it for our turkey hunt!   We stepped it up this year.  
Everyone loved the turkey shoot.  
They tried to hit the cups, balloons and the turkey on the picture.  

We also played minute to win it games.  One was sucking marshmallows on the end of your straw and putting into a cup.  
Another was standing up candy corn.
We accidentally cooked the turkey at the wrong temperature...325 and wondered why it was taking so long!  It was supposed to cook at 350 degrees.  Oops.  We eventually got to eat around 3:30 or so.  
Here's the man behind the turkey!  

I got my tripod out so we could all be in the picture.  :)
We all ate together.  The kids liked the Hawaiian rolls, fruit and stuffing the most.  
Then we watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
I played Rummikub with Isak.  He won!
Then we fed the kids a late dinner.  Isak tried a little pumpkin pie that I had bought just for him to try.  I don't like pumpkin pie but he really wanted to try it.  He didn't really like it either.  We enjoyed apple pie from Costco for dessert this year. 

Also, Nels made a special drink and the kids loved being involved.  It had apple cider, ginger ale and ice cream.  

Delicious!
It was a nice Thanksgiving day.
Also, we listened to Pres. Nelson's message and tried to participate in the #givethanks invitation.  I think I posted three or four times...It was so cool to see a wave of thanks on social media.  So refreshing!

Here's all the Thanksgiving art work.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh this was so enjoyable- I smiled through the whole thing! Thank you so very much! Love you!