Wednesday, September 30, 2020

August Little Moments

Noah loves Paw Patrol.  He likes to wear his jammies and have all of his paw patrol animals around him. 
Remember that one Sunday I taught Isak and Kira about surprising someone with kindness instead of being mean.  Well, Kira remembered it and did this awesome surprise for me!  She sorted the big pile of socks for me and wrote me note.  :)
Her note says, "Dear Mommy, I did a kind service upstairs.  Love, Kira."  I was SO happy.
I bought a lot of blueberries.  I learned that Isak loves blueberries!  So we learned how to make blueberry muffin cookies.  They were so yummy!
I also learned how to make orange chicken from onelovelylife.com
Sofie colored this picture of a kitty.  She said, "It's like the one at great grandma's house." πŸ’›
Building forts with blankets and chairs.   
Sofie loves her kitty mask that she got as a valentine.  Noah liked it too.  They would fight over Sofie's mask.  So I made him his own cat mask.  Now he's like cat boy from PJ Masks. 

He was SO happy!
Sofie loves to dress up.
We got Sofie this new backpack.  Oh, how she loves her new Minnie backpack.
Ice cream Sunday...
Sweet moment for these brothers...
Sofie loves to bead.  She made me a bracelet and I wear it everyday.  
Isak loves to read.  He read this Treasure Island book all by himself.  He would sneak away and I would find him snuggled with a book.  πŸ’™
We collected rocks on our walks and we finally got around to painting them.  The kids love to do it and are always asking to paint.  Even Noah enjoys it.

I got in on the fun this time.  I painted tic tac toe rocks.  Sofie's rocks are the purple with pink dots.  Kira did a butterfly, sun and flower.  Isak did the striped rock.  And Noah did the blue/green rocks.

Here's Noah with the short ladder for the bunk bed.  The new one finally got delivered.  Yay!  We have a functional bunk bed.  
Ta Da!  Isak sleeps on top and for now Kira sleeps on the bottom because the older kids wanted to share a room for a bit.  
Puzzle day...Sofie and Noah put these together.  I think it was mostly Noah...
Nels and I got to go on a date!!  We tried out a Mexican restaurant.  So good.  


Then we tried out a Thai roll ice cream place for dessert.  
This is how they make it...
It was yummy!
A new sandwich that we tried and some fresh peaches.  
Our neighbor Jaelyn invited us over to paint Halloween decorations.  The kids loved the painting!

Noah loves to play and play.  He built this track and then just played with it for a while.  He loves to show me what he builds and how it works.  
Another train track and then you can see him with the wood train track.  
Firetrucks!  
This is what our scripture reading time looks like.  How about yours??  But pretty cool that Isak can do a headstand.  πŸ˜€
Nels and I went on another date while all of the kids were in school.  Yay!  Buttermilk.  MMMMMmmm!

We loved our day together.  
Popsicles.  
Cute Sofie girl.
Relax time.  PJ's and kindles.  Sharing a rocking chair.  πŸ’š
Reading time for the older kids.  They try to read for 20 minutes on their own.  

Noah likes reading time too.  
And that wraps up August Moments.
August was a nice month.  We stayed home.  We got ready for school.  We enjoyed bike rides and playgrounds.  We loved reading a lot and going to the library.  It helped us to feel grounded.   We needed it...because September was a little crazy!!

No comments: