Guess who got to go on a trip? ME! I got to go home to Idaho for a very special event. My dad was being sealed to his parents in the Rexburg, Idaho temple. I'm so grateful I was able to go and Nels was so kind and brave to watch all four kids while I was gone for 4 days!!
I left early Friday morning...November 22. I flew SouthWest airlines to Salt Lake City.
Pre-flight photo...The flight took off at 8:55 a.m. and landed around 11:30 mountain time. A nice three hour flight. I was so happy I didn't get sick on the plane. I was able to write in my journal for a bit and work on a children's book I've been wanting to write. I got my luggage after the plane landed. And the handle on my bag was totally damaged! I went to Southwest baggage claim and they gave me a brand new bag! What great service!
My dear sister Jenny picked me up from the airport. So fun to be with her!! We went to eat lunch at Five Guys and I got to meet her boyfriend. π So happy we got to do that. He's a very nice young man.ππ
We stopped by Jenny's work and I got to see her cute office. Then we drove the four hours up to Idaho. Such a beautiful drive and nice weather.
We drove by the Idaho Falls Temple where Nels and I got married. π
We talked all the way and it was delightful. Mom and Dad welcomed us home. We toured the big "shed" and Jethro the RV.
Melissa and Kari came. Mom had soups - chili and chicken noodle - salad, rolls, corn bread and the best Texas Brownies. I ate and ate. I talked with Karl a lot about coding and we even coded a little for the game tic tac toe. I went to bed super exhausted around 10-11p.m. I did FaceTime Nels a lot. It was a rough bedtime for him and the kids. He's amazing and took care of everyone though.
Saturday- November 23rd. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and got ready. I didn't want to be the reason we were late so I was the first one ready! We were all early though and arrived at the temple at 9 a.m. Dad filled out paper work. We made it for the 10:30 a.m. endowment session. I sat by mom. π
Then we had the sealings at 12:10 p.m. It was so amazing and tender. First my great grandparents: Lawrence Swensen and Clara Margaret Fisher were sealed to their son LaMar Alden Swensen(my grandpa). Then Walter Francis House and Boneta Pearl Allen were sealed to their daughter Leah Rae House (my grandma).
So my grandparents were sealed to their parents.
Then Leah and LaMar were sealed together as husband and wife. Grandparents sealed to each other.
Then Leah and LaMar were sealed to their children - my dad, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Tawna and Uncle Rol (he died last year, about two months after my grandparents).
All of the grandkids got to help as either proxy's or witnesses. I got to be a witness for Lawrence and Clara being sealed to grandpa. So special. I went through a lot of tissues. The Spirit was so strong. My Aunt Kathy, Tawna and Dad looked into the mirrors to "see" eternity. They are a Forever Family. I'm so thankful I could be there and witness it and see the gospel in action - linking families together through generations! So beautiful.
We went outside and took a few pictures. All the families.
My dad with his sisters.
Our Swensen family.
Left to right...Jeremy, Kari, Jenny, Mom, Dad, Mandi, Melissa and Me.
Here's the paper my dad wrote the names of proxy's and witnesses.
Then we went to Frontier Pies for lunch to celebrate. I had a lot of hot chocolate and a turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy and a chocolate german pie.
I enjoyed talking with the family. We got home and everyone was exhausted! We just watched a movie and relaxed. Then we ate dinner around 8 p.m. Yummy sandwiches and cold stone ice cream. We stayed up until 11 p.m.
Nels had another rough bedtime. But he did well during the day. He took the kids to McDonald's, Costco and the library! At Costco they bought pizza, pancake mix and a big box of popcorn. The 3 essential P's! haha!Nov. 24th Sunday -
Nels took all four kids to church. He's amazing.
Isak had an interesting lunch...pancakes with popcorn.
Meanwhile, back in Idaho, my Dad made us pancakes in the morning. So good!
We all went to church in Idaho.
My mom spoiled me. She gave me canned raspberries. My favorite!
After church we had a delicious lunch and dessert. My Mom always has the best food. I got to play with my great niece...yes, I am a Great Aunt. This is Navy. Such a cutie.
We visited grandma Stewart and took pictures with her.
5 Generations!!! Navy is my grandma's great great granddaughter!!
Jenny and Grandma.
And just like that, it was time to leave. π’ Jenny and I drove to Utah and stayed the night at Mandi's house. There's my mom and dad waving good bye.
Nov. 25th Monday
Travel day. Made it home around 6 p.m. I stopped by Dunkin' donuts to pick up these pretty donuts for the family.
Wonderful trip. So proud of Nels for being so awesome and making it happen for me.
































No comments:
Post a Comment