Happy Birthday to Isak and Kira!!! They are 7! What?!!
Before their birthday, Kira asked if we would please decorate for her birthday and she wanted a card. I am not a decorator. But I tried. This is what I did. And thankfully, Kira was pleased.
Birthday morning.Nels was very proud of how he wrapped their joint gift. Half and Half...dinosaur and unicorn paper.
It was a box of k'nex. They each got a card with messages from me and Nels. Kira received the following: snapping bead jewelry set, unicorn sequin journal, yummy smelling glitter pens, choose your own adventure book, origami set. Noah gave her a Frozen puzzle. Sofie gave her a velvet coloring set.
Nels's parents gave Kira fingernail polish and stickers and gave Isak a binder for pokemon cards. My parents gave them cards with some money.
Isak received Pokemon cards, a journal, pens, choose your own adventure book, Star Wars coloring and activity books. Sofie gave him a calculator and Noah gave him an erector airplane.
All the gifts were well received and enjoyed. It is interesting - Isak is very specific when he asks for a gift. So he got exactly what he asked for. Kira was vague when I asked her what she wanted. So it was harder to give a gift to her. But I think she still liked the gifts.
They each got to choose a special cereal for breakfast. Kira - Unicorn Fruit Loops. Isak - Captain Crunch. In their lunches they each got a Hostess Birthday cake cupcake and I put a post it note wishing them a Happy Birthday.
They each got to choose a restaurant to eat at. So a couple days before their birthday we took them out to eat. Kira chose Red Robin.
They got a free birthday sundae.
Isak chose Steak n Shake.
They each got to pick out a milkshake to go with their lunch. M&M for Kira.
Reese's peanut butter cup for Isak.
And then back to their birthday day. It snowed most of the day. It was also Veteran's Day. There was an assembly at the school that I got to go to and see the kids too. They honored the Veteran's for the assembly. We submitted Nels's dad's picture for the PowerPoint Presentation. He was a Navy Lieutenant.
Their class sang a song.
Birthday snow!
Then I made their cakes. Kira wanted Sprinkle cake with white frosting and unicorn sparkles and just candles. Isak wanted chocolate with chocolate frosting with Reese's pieces and a huge 7 candle and little candles. For dinner they wanted chicken nuggets.
I think they had a great birthday. I truly love Isak and Kira. I love watching and helping them learn and grow. They have great personalities. I'm glad we could celebrate them!
Here's to a great year of age 7!





















No comments:
Post a Comment