All of the kids really like halloween. So that makes it fun to celebrate. Pinterest has a lot of ideas for crafts and activities. We did a couple. Here's one:
A mummy plate with yarn. It was a little more complicated for the kids to do than I thought it would be. I helped a lot. Then they got frustrated and I ended up with a pile of mummy plates.
Another activity was glue ghosts. We put white Elmer's glue on the paper and then blew on them through a straw to stretch them into ghosts.
The kids liked this one. We put eyes on them too.
Watercolored halloween pictures. Sofie is following in Isak and Kira's footsteps. She loves art and coloring and painting. She does pretty well with it too!
We made our traditional spider peanut butter sandwiches.Always a big hit with the kids.
This year, we just bought our costumes. Isak asked to be a pirate. I found one at amazon for a good price.
I found a $6 Anna costume at Walmart so I bought Kira Elsa. I wasn't sure if Sofie would want to be Anna so I also got her the Skye costume from Paw Patrol. And Noah got the Marshall costume from Paw Patrol.
But when Sofie tried on Anna, she loved it and just wanted to be Anna.
Thankfully, all of the kids were happy and excited about their costumes, even Noah!
The day before Halloween I ironed all of the costumes. I had a little helper that supervised and stayed close playing games.
We also had a Halloween Church Activity. I was actually in charge of it. Yikes! We had planned for it to be at a park. But the day of the party, it rained and rained. So sad. So we quickly moved it to the church. Everyone was super helpful and we pulled it off. We asked people to bring a spooky treat. We brought our Spider sandwiches.
I bought dry ice and root beer for Witch's Brew. That was a big hit. The kids liked it. We rented a cotton candy machine and that went over well with the kids too.
We set up a few games to keep kids happy. One game was the fishing game to get a toy.
And then we decorated doors around the church for the trunk or treat. People are so creative. I was impressed!
Here's all the primary kids.Here's our kids with their favorite missionary, Sister Brady.
I was so happy to have the activity over with. I stress out about those things way too much!! All the kids enjoyed it though, so that helped! :)
Sofie got a pumpkin from school. She was so proud of it. Her teacher, Mrs. Nellis taught her how to hold the pumpkin and not to hold the pumpkin by the stem. Sofie was very careful and told me over and over again what Mrs. Nellis said to do.
Love this unicorn pumpkin shirt!I got this cute picture of Noah!!
Kira's halloween shirt.
We wore our halloween shirts to Red Robin and the library and school. I didn't get a pic of Isak's shirt...it was a skeleton shirt.
The day before halloween, I took Sofie and Noah to a retirement home for some indoor trick or treating. I enjoyed doing something with these three year olds.
The old people were very kind and loved seeing all of the kids.Sofie and Noah were happy to get more candy.
Then we went to Costco...
We made sugar cookies together as a family. I made the dough during the day. Then we rolled out the dough, cut the cookies, baked them and frosted them as a family.
Nels said it was the most stressful part of his day. Haha. It was messy. But I think the kids liked doing it together.
We colored the frosting purple, orange, green and black.
Here's the shapes we did, ghosts, pumpkins and bats.
Noah is so funny. He was very nervous about trying to eat the cookie.
He ended up not liking the cookies. He doesn't really like cookies, brownies and cake. Crazy, huh?!
There's Isak's cookies. See the bandaid on his head. Poor kid woke up with a gash on his forehead. We have no idea how he got it!
The cookies tasted pretty good. I was pleased with them.
I went to two Halloween parades on Halloween. First I went to Sofie and Noah's. Here's Sofie's class...do you see her?
There she is walking in the parade.
There's Noah.
Later in the afternoon, Sofie, Noah and I went to Isak and Kira's. I only got the back of them...
Yes, the parades were indoors because it snowed all day on halloween!!
But I got a pretty picture of Elsa in the snow. :)
Else and Anna. While I was taking the pictures Kira said, "I guess the cold does bother me." Haha.
Sofie didn't like the cold either. I tried to be really fast with the pictures...
Noah was not happy about it.
Sofie was jumping up and down.
We bundled up to go trick or treating.
Noah was so cold and would not wear gloves.
Noah and Kira lasted five house. I took them home. Nels, Sofie and Isak went trick or treating for a good hour. We got a few trick or treaters, mostly our neighbors. And that was Halloween!
So we started October with perfect warm weather and ended it with snow and freezing weather!


































































No comments:
Post a Comment