Monday, October 21, 2019

Little Outings In September

We did not have any big outings this month or any visitors.  It was a calm month.  We just went out on little simple outings.  

This one was just a bike/scooter/stroller ride around the block.
Isak got tired of doing his scooter, so he switched me.  I did the scooter and he pushed Sofie in the stroller.  It was so cute and funny.  Isak swerved all over the place!
We went to the neighborhood park.  Sofie learned how to climb this rope web all the way to the top!  And she can get down by herself too.  She was so proud of herself.

Kira was her teacher.  :)
Noah was thrilled to supervise dad mowing the lawn.

Nels was gone for a whole week in September.  I took the kids for a walk on the trail by our house.
See...there's me...
I took Sofie and Noah to the library while the older ones were in school.  I helped Sofie put the letters in order.
She was so happy and practiced pointing to the letter and saying the name of the letter.
Noah played with the wolf.  He loved that wolf puppet!
On nice mornings when ALL four of the kids are in school, I treat myself to a bike ride.  I usually go about a half hour or 4-5 miles.  It's been so fun.
Love these wildflowers along the trail.
pretty bridge to ride over.
At the beginning of 2019, I made a goal to run a 5K.  Why??  I don't know.  I'm not a runner.  My feet are not good.  But I just thought it would be fun.  Even if I walked it.  I saw an ad for a S'mores and hot chocolate 5K race in Geneva.  I thought that would be yummy and fun.  So I invited Nels to do it with me and started training.  I worked up to running very slowly.  I did the run/walk intervals.  And finally, one day I ran a full 1 mile with no walking.  I haven't done that in years.  I was so proud of myself.  I took this picture with my one finger up.  :)
More wildflowers.
This was from a morning bike ride.  View of Peck Farms.


Another library outing.  This time with all of the kids.  They had some fun STEAM projects to do.  Isak and I made this marble maze.
Isak worked on building a tall construction with just these few materials.
Train time.
Kira colored.
I did the challenge of building a bridge out of newspaper and masking tape that would be strong enough to hold a block of wood.  Ta Da!  Photo credit to Kira.
And of course, Noah played with his wolf.
Sofie colored next to Kira.
Noah loves to help me check the books out...see the wolf next to his feet.
Another park day.  Don Forni park.  The kids loved it.

This is how Sofie swings!


Kira girl.
Funny face.
Noah loves this big red twirly slide.
And me...I was there too.  :)
Pretty blue sky with white clouds.
I've learned that I show my appreciation for things and help the moment feel more precious when I document it somehow.  Either with a photo, or writing it in my journal or just telling someone about it.
A little walk with my littles, while we wait for the bus stop to get Isak and Kira.

A new park, Shannon Park.  Kids loved this one.  I don't think I've found a park that they haven't liked yet.  There were some boys at the park a little older than Isak.  Isak talked with them and learned about Pokeman cards.  He really wants some now.

Noah loved zooming down this green slide.
They all tried to fit in this twirly ball, but it ended in tears.
There goes Noah on the slide.
Swinging.  Noah still doesn't like swinging, but he will swing like this for a few minutes.
Kira girl.
Of course, our monthly Costco outing.  Lunch after shopping.  And we share some ice cream too.  
I like this picture, but the straw is in the way.  :(
Kira eating her ice cream.
And that's our outings for the month!

No comments: