Monday, October 21, 2019

5K Race For Our Date

Our 5K race was on September 28th.  We had a babysitter for the evening and we went to the race.  The race was at Peck Farm Park.  There's a 3 mile loop there with some other trails too.  So some of the race was paved and some was on grass trail.  We were so excited to do the race.  It was a cold, windy day.  But thankfully, it had stopped raining that day so we didn't have to run in the rain!

Here's some before photos.
We did this pose because 16 years ago we ran our first 5K race together and we did the same pose.  Those old photos are down below.
So yes, it's been 16 years since we raced together.
Nels has been working out at the gym all year.  So he's in pretty good shape.  He did really well running the 5K.
Haha.  I look funny.

Nels ran a little bit ahead of me most of the race.  I was totally fine with that.  When we were right next to each other I felt a bit claustrophobic.  So it was nice to have him ahead of me.  :)
I took this selfie while running.
Nels took this one of me.
I ran a head a bit and he took this one of me.
Yay, mile 2.    I only had to walk a couple of times for less than a minute each time.  I was pretty happy with how I did.  Our times were right around 34 minutes.  Of course, the super fast runners finished in 18 minutes.  So we're slowpokes compared to them!  It was such a beautiful run.  The sun was setting and the sky was gorgeous.
We enjoyed our S'mores and hot chocolate afterwards.
We got our shirts too.  Sofie wanted in the picture too.  I can't remember...Kira or Isak took the picture for us.

Here's from 16 years ago --- April 2003 - Our first 5K.



Have we changed?? Haha!
After the race, we went to Portillo's.  We just ate and talked until it was time to relieve the babysitter. Fun date.  And I accomplished one of my 2019 goals for the year.  Wahoo!

No comments: