I like Easter. I think it's a fun holiday and not as stressful as Christmas. It's also a great time to talk to the kids about Jesus and all that he has done for us. Our Ministering Brethren gave us a sack of eggs that had scriptures and treats in them for each done of the week leading up to Easter. The scriptures were about Jesus's last week before he died. The kids loved this activity and looked forward to finding out what was in the egg each day.
This year we went super simple. We went to the community Easter Egg hunt the weekend before Easter. It was cold, but sunny. Noah did not know why were making him stand outside with a basket. Haha. Sofie was happy to wear her new pink tulle skirt.
We split up. I had the babies and Nels went with the big kids. There were two hunts at the same time with different age groups. Here's some before hunt pictures. During the hunt, Sofie just wanted to pick up the pink eggs. And Noah actually picked up a few eggs.
Sofie was pretty happy!
We then waited at our rendezvous spot. And Sofie and Noah checked out their eggs while they waited.
Isak and Kira rocked the egg hunt. They got tips from their dad and ran to the middle of the field before picking up eggs. So they got a lot of eggs.
Easter Sunday we took a family picture. I got out my tripod and put the camera on a timer. This first one is me setting it up...
And here's with the whole family.
My Boys..
And us.
We actually went to Six Flags the Saturday before Easter. So we were exhausted on Sunday and only went to church. The Easter Bunny came on Monday morning instead. It worked out nicely and we might do that again!
Each kid got a little $2 gift and some peeps from the Easter Bunny. Then they hunted for the candy that was hidden all over the house.
As you can see Noah was super thrilled to be apart of this.
Hahaha...Oh Noah. He did like finding the eggs though.
I only got a picture or two of the hunt...and they are blurry. Here's Sofie collecting some eggs from the chair.
And that was it for Easter. One more family picture to end this post. I got my dress from DownEast online and I love my new shoes I found at Kohls. :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment