Saturday, April 27, 2019

March Little Moments - 2019

Little moments from March 2019.

One morning we had a play dough morning.  I thought Kira and Sofie were so cute with their matching unicorn pajamas.
We decided to get Noah's hair cut short.  
We can see his eyes now and he looks like a boy.  When his hair was longer, a few people thought he was a girl.  So we thought it was time to say good bye to his pretty long blonde hair.  I like it short though.  He looks so handsome.
Isak and Nels got their hair cut the same day too.  Afterwards, Nels took them to the Hobby store.  They loved seeing that big airplane.
Noah can put this 48 piece floor puzzle together by himself.  He asked me to take his pic.  :)
Noah loves his daddy.  He insisted that daddy hold him while he ate his dinner.  He's the baby of the family...so...he usually gets what he wants.
I don't remember why this pic was taken, but it was on our phones...Nels with his goatee...
Kira patiently teaches Sofie how to color.
I pulled out water colors for a project.  Sofie was thrilled and loved it.
Kira made a goldfish.

One cold Sunday.


Love these kiddos.
Missed Noah in the picture, so I found him and took one with just him.
And then one with Nels.  Sometimes I just have to take pictures with the people I love and work so hard for!
One Sunday afternoon...snuggle sleepy naps.
Our neighbor gave us a whole sack of girl clothes.  Sofie and Kira were so happy.  Sofie found this swimsuit and insisted on wearing it even to bed...So that's why it's on over her pj's.
After piano lessons one day, Sofie sat at the piano and pointed to the chair for me to sit in.  Her turn!  💗
A typical lunch for us.  Peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches.  Isak and Kira sometimes read their books while eating to get ready for school.
I went to parent teacher conference and saw some of the kids artwork in the hallway.  Isak's pigeon is on the left and Kira's is on the far right.
Isak's drawing of himself.
Kira's drawing of herself.  She has a pencil shirt just like that!
One March evening it was 57 degrees, the first time that's happened in a long time.  So we bundled up and went for a family walk.
Noah and dad walk together and the three older ones walk with me.
Another day we got to do bubbles.  Sofie cracks me up.  She picks out her outfits almost everyday.  And changes multiple times too.  I love her boots and jacket.  She's a cutie.

Nels, Noah and Isak played tag while Sofie did bubbles.
I made it to the temple in March.  Yay!
I was craving Nels's mom's potato salad.  She texted me the recipe.  Here it is.  So delicious.
I made it twice!  And ate a lot of it!
Sofie in her yellow dress.
I tried to get one with Sofie and Noah...this was the best I could do.


Noah is pouting at the top of the stairs.  But the rest were happy to take a Sunday pic with dad.
Isak got to dress up like a leprechaun and lead the music in Primary.  So cute!
St. Patrick's day.  We all wore a bit of green.  Kira wore a green bow, Isak had a green tie, Sofie had a little green on her dress and Noah had green on his socks.



Here's Sofie.  I didn't catch Noah this time.
I bought an entry hall tree to hang up coats and backpacks.  Nels had a few supervisors while he built it.

I don't have a picture of the finished project, but we love it and it has helped keep our stuff better organized.

The babies stopped taking naps.  😭  So now they come to the bus stop everyday to get Isak and Kira.  They point and yell "Bus!"
Another puzzle that Noah loves to do.
Kira has worked on wiggling a tooth for at least two months.  And it finally fell out!  Yay Kira!
Last day of spring break, I took all four kids to Costco for the big shopping trip.  They were so good. I treated them to ice cream afterwards.

Other moments in March:
  • I worked on a iMovie video.  It's of the first six months of Sofie and Noah's life.  
  • I taught Kira how to shade and we found Youtube videos that taught it too.  She loves to add shading to her drawings now.  I also taught Kira and Isak how to draw a "3D" square.
  • Isak likes to just talk with me while I make dinner.  I enjoy it.  He helps me too, when I have easy stuff for him to do.
  • Sofie and Noah say "no, thank you" and "thank you" and "please" and "C'mon".
  • Isak and Kira learned how to roller skate at school.
  • Nels bought me a new iPhone!  Hooray.  It has lots of storage.  My old phone had 5 GB, now I have 64 GB.  So happy!
  • One day Isak was telling me about going in the basement and not being scared of the dark.  He said, "Sofie even goes down there and she isn't scared of the dark."  I told him, "Yeah, Sofie scares the dark!"  We laughed and later I heard him tell Kira to not be scared of the dark and to scare the dark like Sofie.  It's true, sometimes we need to scare our fears away.
  •  I've been reading October General Conference talks.  I wanted to finish all of the talks before April's conference.  A quote that I liked was from Pres. Nelson (Joy D. Jones quoted him in his talk "For Him".) He said,  "When we comprehend His voluntary Atonement, any sense of sacrifice on our part becomes completely overshadowed  by a profound sense of gratitude, for the privilege of serving Him."
  • I like playing a game that Isak learned at school called, "bump."  He made a replica of the game at home so we can play it together.  It's pretty fun!
  • Sofie and Noah had a speech screening.  Noah was grumpy and I had to stay with him the whole time.  But Sofie went happily with the teachers.  She was so happy to be at her school.  She calls herself, "E." They failed, which is what I expected.  So we go in for another longer interview in May.
  • I spoke at a RS activity.  I even had a translator because we were combined with the Spanish ward.  I think it went well.  It was about the blessings of unity from Sister Aburto's talk "With One Accord."
  • My coding journey:  I asked my brother Jeremy to be my coding coach.  He said, "yes!"  I've talked to him a couple of times.  He helped me get set up to learn Angular JS.  It's been fun to learn, but there's so much to learn that I feel overwhelmed sometimes.  
  • I FINISHED reading War and Peace. 1358 pages.  82 days to read it.  I liked the story.  I didn't care about reading his philosophy on war and strategy on war and other random tangents.  I did like his characters and their development through the years of the story.  Natasha Rostov, Pierre, Nikolay Rostov and Princess Marya were my favorites.  
  • We had a stay at home spring break.  The highlight for Isak and Kira were going to the neighbor's house to jump on the trampoline.  😀

Our big stuff for March included a trip to Chicago to see the green river and getting the house painted.
That's all. 😀

No comments: