Monday, January 21, 2019

Christmas Eve and Day!

Christmas Eve!!

My sister Melissa gave us these festive aprons.  💕  Thank you!!
Nels got a ham at work, so we cooked it up.
Nels works hard and he has a cute little supervisor too.

To go with the ham we made stuffing, sweet potatoes, green salad, fruit and rolls.  We all ate together with our Christmas plates.

For dessert, Ice Cream Cones!!  Easy and the kids loved it!

Then we cleaned up and got jammies on.  Nels read Luke 2 while I helped the kids act out the story of Jesus' birth.  We sang songs..."Away in a manger" and "Jingle Bells"  Nels read "T'was the Night Before Christmas."

After the babies went to bed, Isak and Kira wrote Thank you notes to Santa and put cookies on a plate for him.
Then I took a couple of pictures of Isak and Kira in front of the tree.

Funny face...:)

These were two very excited six year olds!!
After they went to bed, Nels and I got to work.  Here are the gifts...

Christmas Day!  The big surprise?!  Everyone slept until 7:30 a.m.!!!  What?!!  Awesome!  I put some pre made cinnamon rolls in the oven and got a little bit ready before the kids woke up!!  Once they woke up we had them line up and go down the stairs.

They were excited and loved their gifts.  I didn't take too many of the kids unwrapping.  I just enjoyed the moment and my hands were often busy helping someone.  But here's a couple.  Isak unwrapping a gift.
Sofie LOVED this blanket and stuffed animal from Nels's parents.
These were the "Big" gifts for Isak and Kira...Lego sets.
Nels got me a tripod!!!  I tested it out here...
And a selfie stick!  Yay!  And Nels's parents gave me this pretty purple sweater.
And just like that Christmas was over.  The kids played and played with their new toys.  We watched some Star Wars and ate our leftovers.  We are grateful for the gifts we gave and the gifts we received. We tried to make it special and memorable and remember the true meaning of Christmas too.

No comments: