Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Thanksgiving Point Horses

When I found out that there are horse rides at Thanksgiving Point, I knew we needed to go at some point so Kira could ride a horse.  Thankfully, my sister Mandi has a pass so we got in for half price.  Yay!  My sister Mandi and three of her kids (Ethan, Kyson and Teaghan) and my sister Melissa joined us for a very fun morning.  

The kids were sooooo excited and happy when they found out they were going to ride horses.  Here's some pictures of their adventure:
Isak rode on the largest horse.  He did a little "horsey" cheer while he was riding.
And Kira was in heaven.  She chose the pony with the purple bridle.  She grinned the whole time and was so sad when it was time to get off the pony.
Here's our group:
Here's a horse.  :)
Kira is pointing at the horse.
Isak and Kira watched the horses in the stalls for a bit.
Then we went on a wagon ride that was pulled by two horses named Daisy and Doc.
Kira watched the horses pulling the wagon very carefully.
The pics are a bit out of order.  But here's more pics of the kids riding the horses.
She wasn't even scared.  She just wanted to stay on forever.
Isak loved it too and grinned the whole time too.
Love this grin.
Natural riders.  :)
We watched the ducks and geese.
Mandi made a funny joke, "I wonder if they are playing duck, duck, goose."  haha.


We looked at other animals too.
Pretty peacock.
We thought the turkeys were kind of scary up close. haha.
Here's the wagon ride.
Then we played on these rockers...I don't know what this toy is really called.

And I posed (I was joking around, but the other pictures looked worse...so you get my funny pose) with my 36 week belly.
Afterwards, we ate at Cafe Rio.  It was such a fun outing.  Kira and Isak talked about what they did the whole way home (about a 30 minute drive),  It was so cute.  And just the other morning, Kira asked if we were going to ride horseys round and round.  I said no, and she cried.  :(  She definitely wants to go again.  And both of them say, "we need to take daddy to the farm."  :)

No comments: