Friday, January 1, 2016

July Wrap Up

Happy New Year!  Can you believe it is 2016??  2015 was a very busy year for us.  It will be interesting to see what 2016 brings.  

Well, back to catching up.  :)

Wrapping up all of July with these random pictures.
Here's what our house looked like with all the boxes the movers plopped down.  So July 3rd, my birthday, was the day the unpacking began.  
Luckily, the kids were awesome.  When they would start to get fussy I would just open a box of their toys and they would play and play.
They ate a little lunch on the balcony.  I got the kitchen and lots of toys unpacked the first day.  
We unpacked a lot and we were all very happy when it was pretty much done.  Yes, I still have one or two boxes left.  But it's definitely livable now.  My mom sent me these napkins from our wedding 12 years ago.  I took a picture to remember it.  
4th of July.  We spent it unpacking.  Nels's sister Kierstin and her husband Tom came to visit us and made us tacos for lunch.  At night after the kids went to bed, Nels and I ate a bowl of ice cream on our balcony and watched the fireworks.  

I bought the kids 4th of July outfits, even though we didn't go anywhere.  
They discovered how much fun it is to "help" me with the dishes.  They love water and dumping water out of cups.

They got to eat popsicles in the garage while I swept out the pods so they could be picked up...the pods, not the kids.  :)  
One morning I actually made myself a yummy breakfast.  Orange juice made in the Vitamix, raspberries, and a egg, cheese, canadian bacon english muffin.    I took a picture because it doesn't happen very often.  :)
Cute boy eating pizza at my sister Kari's house.  My sisters and I all got together at Kari's.  We ate and played and went swimming.
Then we went to an outdoor play that Kari's kids were in.  Here's Isak and his cousin Tyler waiting for the show to begin.
Here's me, Kira and cousin Abby.  It was a fun night.
Our first Sunday in our new ward.  Our friend from Charlotte gave Nels a blue shirt and made him promise to wear it on his first Sunday.  Most people at church wear white shirts and ties.  So Nels stood out.  :)
One day we made bracelets with pipe cleaner and pony beads.  Kira is so cute.  She made one for herself and then made one for her friend Charlotte.  Kira loves big bows and flowers in her hair.  She picks them out.  :)
Isak made a bracelet too and then made one for Daddy.  
Getting used to the new house.  Kira played on the stairs for a good while with her Minnie's.
Kira woke up early one morning with her horsey and blanket and sat on the stairs.  
This is what it is like to try and relax with twin toddlers.  :)  haha.
They just want to make sure dad is comfortable.  
And last picture...we went to story time in the park.  It was the last one of the summer.  I am looking forward to doing it this summer though.  They had singing and dancing and of course they read a book.  
And that wraps up our busy, fun July!

No comments: