September's big outing was to the American Fork Canyon. We decided to do a very short hike and then build a campfire and cook dinner.
It was a fun outing! I think the kids really enjoyed it. Especially, since the hike was short. haha.
Here's some pictures of the scenery and us.
Some fall colors showing up a bit.Isak showing us the way. I think the hike was .25 miles round trip. :) And it was paved.
Shadow picture.
Nels walking with both kids.
While I took in the surrounding area and took some pictures.
Selfie. I braided my hair. It's getting so long.
Lots of rocks.
And a stream.
With a fun bridge to cross.
Yes, we had to take a break even on this short hike. haha.
The kids found a cool rock that had a hole in it! So they took turns putting little rocks through the hole.
Cute pic of Kira.
Couple selfie.
Better angle of the holey rock.
Building a campfire.
We just ate hot dogs...well, all of us except Kira. Kira just ate the Cheetos and cookies.
We roasted marshmallows and put them on fudge striped cookies. Mmmmmm.
The kids loved the fire, putting out the fire with buckets of water and throwing rocks into the nearby stream. It was a great outdoor adventure and a lot less stressful than our Stewart Falls outing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment