Sunday, November 29, 2015

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens

For our last playgroup, my friend Tiersha arranged for us to go to the Botanical Gardens.  I had wanted to see them since we first moved to Charlotte.  So I was pretty excited to go.  It was a fun day, the only thing was we went during the hottest and most humid part of the day.  So it sort of zapped our energy.  But we still had a good time.  
Here's pictures of our adventure:
They had this cool merry go round in the kids garden. 
Kira refused to get on and watched carefully from the sidelines.
There was a sweet cave in the garden too.
My handsome boy enjoying the view from his big rock.
There were not a lot of different flowers in bloom in June.  I was a little disappointed about that.  I suppose the fun blossoms are in the spring with tulips and daffodils, etc.
I gave the kids a little freedom to walk ahead of me.  :)

I loved all of the different statues on display.  The kids found this elephant and we took a picture with it.

Love the hot pink.
Kira with all the pink and purple flowers.  She fits right in.
Love Kira's grin in this one too.
And I love how they both have a carefree run. :)
I thought this statue and water fountain were beautiful.
This part helped cool us down  There's the rest of the playgroup walking through the water tunnel.
My bus, twins and me.
I miss our playgroup friends!  And now that I am typing this in November in Utah and it is 30 degrees, I miss that hot, humid day!

No comments: