Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sisters and Nephew Visit--Day 1

Finally Blogging again!  March has been very busy.  Two groups of visitors and Nels traveled two weeks too.  So to catch up...our first visitors were Kari and Melissa and Melissa's son Michael.  They came at the beginning of March.  We had a blast and I am so happy they came to see us!!

Here's some pictures of our adventures.  
Melissa found this Giant head called Metalmorphosis during our search for things to do in Charlotte.  So we drove by to see it.
 It was a pretty amazing art piece.  It was also freezing cold this day!  The wind whipped right through us.  The girls didn't bring coats, but luckily I had one for each of them to borrow.  Here's my one armed picture of the group...group selfie??
 Sisters holding my babies.  Isak and Kira loved all of the extra loves.
 Melissa and Kira.
 Me and Michael.
 We met Nels for lunch at Jim and Nick's BBQ.  I ate all of the cheddar biscuits.  Mmmm.  Later in the day we went to the Mint Museum in Uptown Charlotte.

They had some very interesting pieces of art.  Here's a few....oh and I took them with my new Samsung point and shoot camera.  Yes, I took back the Nikon...and I am glad because I love the Samsung.
 Ties with shovels.  We had fun coming up with reasons why the artist did this.  It was a display of  Ralph Lauren's fabric design from the 70's.  One reason we came up with was it shows the transition of physical labor jobs to desk jobs...what do you think?
 View of Charlotte.
 Babies and Kari looking at art.
 This room was cool with art made with crystal.
 This was my favorite--a bunch of different staircases in the crystal.
 The gang. :)
 Trying out the zoom on my camera.
 This is without zoom...I think the zoom works pretty well especially with the lighting to capture the details above.
 I still remember this piece of art even after a month.  It was just so weird!  It reminded me of a potato  growing sprouts.
This was another one that made me look twice...just different.
 A little blurry...me and Kira.
 The girls.  I didn't realize how dark my hair is until my sisters came!
 Nels was working...so it was just us.
 Group selfie with Charlotte in the background.
That was all for the first day.   Here's a random picture of Kira and Melissa.

No comments: