So in January I made a Long list of goals, really just things to do for the month of January. I make a big list because when I have free time my mind goes blank...so I refer to my list and then I choose something to do. I know I am weird. :)
Anyways here's a few things I was able to do.
I crocheted the babies each a hat.
I love the pom poms on Kira's hat.
We went outside and Kira knee walked all the way out to the middle of the yard. Isak just stayed on the patio. Eventually he went on the grass. Last summer they were afraid of the grass. But they are not anymore!
I painted my fingernails. I even went a little crazy and did one nail a different color. haha. It doesn't take much to make my life exciting. :)
I made quiet book pages. Hooray!
And last I read the entire January Ensign. I realized I had never really read an Ensign cover to cover. So everyday I read one article. I loved it! I actually learned a few different things. Here's some of my favorite articles:
Face the Future with Faith and Hope- I learned about replacing fear with faith, what it means to do my part, and to seek the kingdom of God first.
Of Saints, of Ships, and of the Sea--This was just a neat article about scriptural references to ships and the seas. Here's a quote, "Thanks to these inspired innovations (mentioned previously in the article), the speed, ease, and safety of ocean travel reached a high point from 1845 through 1860, precisely when improved transportation would aid missionaries in spreading the gospel and help Latter-day Saints gather to Zion." I had never thought about that. Amazing. Very insightful article.
The Healing Power of Grief--This gave me a different perspective on grief. Two quotes. This one is actually from Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows." "It is important for us to understand that one can feel both sadness and peace at the same time." Great article if you are dealing with loss or grief or know someone who is so you can better help them.
The Salt of the Earth--I learned where the word salary comes from. Also salt prevents decay, makes things last and enhances flavor. I loved how the article applied that to the gospel in our lives.
Choosing to Forgive--Loved this quote. "Scholarly studies showed that choosing to forgive leads to better health, increased optimism, and better relationships with others."
Well, maybe this will encourage you to pick up the Ensign and read some of the articles.:) I am grateful for the time I was able to spend reading and studying it.
So that is what I have been up to lately. Next up February!












1 comment:
Way to be so productive!!!
Post a Comment