Another adventure Ericka and I went on was to the Metal Museum in Memphis. My friend Larysa joined us for the adventure. It was a gorgeous day outside. I think my favorite part was looking at the outside metal work.
Here's some pictures:
Entrance to the Metal Museum.
There weren't a lot of people there. We basically had the whole museum to ourselves. So I set my camera up on one of the glass cases and we took a picture of all of us with the timer. Is it just me or do I look out of breathe? haha.
We loved the flowers sculpted out of metal.
They had some creepy art like this one:
Here's a close up of the skull with a screw through the eye socket...random, eh?Malachi liked this orange creation. Isn't he adorable?
Photogenic Larysa:
So pretty, Ericka and Malachi:The green metal gate:
This one was cool. Not the greatest picture and now I can't remember the name of it. I think it was called "Stairway to Heaven."
I LOVED this rainbow bench. I thought it was so cool. It was in a great position too with the gazebo in the background and red leaves.
We stopped by the Blacksmith's Shop. It was really loud, but we asked a few questions and learned more about how they do metal work.
Even the signs for the restrooms were made out of metal.
"Touch the weather vane, touch it I say." Oh yeah, it's "Spindle" from Sleeping Beauty. But I still think it's funny. :)There was an interesting exhibit of metal rings. Thomasin Durgin made a metal ring everyday for a year in 2010. Some of the rings corresponded to events that happened. For example there was a ring representing the rescue of the Chilean miners. The picture below is from Thomasin Durgin's blog.
We enjoyed looking at the rings, guess the name of it or purpose and the price. Some of those rings were expensive!
Ornate metal door.
Arm picture. I believe Ericka had the honor of taking it. :)My dear friends put up with me as I took these timer pictures. I placed the camera on an uneven surface of cement stairs and hoped for the best. We got these fun Leg pictures. I think they're so cute! Thanks for putting up with me!
Across the street from the Metal Museum is this hill. It's not an ordinary hill. It's an Indian Burial Mound.
Larysa and I ran/climbed up the rather steep hill. To find...
A large, beautiful tree and a view of the Mississippi River.
Afterwards, Larysa suggested we get some fried pickles at Dale's.
Nothing like some fried pickles to end a fun day in Memphis. Thanks for a fun day friends!
























1 comment:
We haven't done either of these things either! Man, Jordan and I have some catching up to do:) I hear the fried pickles are amazing and I am excited to try them!
Post a Comment