Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How To Host a Murder

On Saturday we hosted a "How to Host a Murder" party. The theme was western... the good, the bad and the guilty. We had sent the invitations with their character and suggested costume. So everyone came dressed up and really got into their character. We laughed and had a great time. The character's names are pretty funny. One of my favorites was Elias Truist-Heath interpretation: He lies through his teeth. Nels and I kept switching our accents back and forth on accident. I would speak like the Indian Chief and he would speak like a cowboy and vice versa. Everyone would just laugh. We served salsa and chips. Nels grilled 8 chicken breasts. We had baked potatoes, salad and green beans with pink lemonade. I think everyone had a good time.

Check out the mustache! Haha, he couldn't eat with it on so it came off pretty quick. Pretty funny though.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

those parties are tons of fun! But i'm terrible at keeping in character because I just laugh the entire time and I can't keep a straight face.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun!! I am jealous. Next time you will have to do one in Utah!!

Kari and Jared said...

Sounds like so much fun. Your costumes are really cute. I like Nels' Indian feathers.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast. You guys are always doing such cute things. So fun! Wish we could have been there. Love your costumes. What a great idea to do in the month of October.

Teresa said...

That looks like a lot of fun. What a good idea! Your blog is really cute.