On Wednesday we officially celebrated Nels' birthday. Nels thinks the whole
month of October should be dedicated to celebrating his birthday. He did end up with two cakes. He's pretty tricky. I made him a death by chocolate cake to take to work. Nels said it was because "no one in the office will make the cake as well as you." Then he requested a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I tried "decorating" the double layer cake. I'm such a beginner. I just bought the icing in a can. It came with different nozzles for writing and making decorations. So here's a picture of what it ended up looking like. As you can see there's a lot that I can improve on, but Nels thought it was awesome. I suppose that's all that matters. :)

Yep, I managed to fit all 32 candles on the cake. We lit them three times. The first time Nels didn't blow them all out with one breath. (He was probably distracted with my beautiful singing. haha) The second time I blew them all out with one breath. So Nels had to do it again, and he did blow them all out. Anyway, it was fun!
Happy Birthday Nels!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Nels. Sorry we missed it. The cake looks great. Good job Becky. I love that you got all of those candles on there. What love...
Happy Birthday Nels! I really was thinking about you on "the day". Awesome cake
The cake looks super good. Your card should be in the mail!! Sorry it's a little late!!
Post a Comment