Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vacation to Idaho and Utah

I just got back from a wonderful vacation to Idaho and Utah. I was able to visit all of my family. I loved every minute of it! I went from house to house and became reacquainted with my nieces, nephews and siblings. One thing that I learned quickly is that they all have busy lives! I got to observe it firsthand. It was the first week of school. So I took some of them to school, attended 3 different soccer practices, and went to different activites throughout the week. I loved being a part of everything and seeing what they do.

In Idaho I was able to attend the Twin Falls Temple dedication and I went with my parents to the Rexburg temple. It was awesome. My younger sister Jenny, my mom, dad and I went on a drive to the Teton Dam or what's left of it anyway. My parents talked about how the dam broke and what they did. It was really neat to hear their story.

My trip was a blast as we played fun games, talked, laughed and ate delicious food the whole two weeks! Thanks everyone for making my trip fun and memorable!
Here's a few pictures.

Teton Dam

Rexburg Temple

Beautiful Idaho...you can see the Teton Peaks in this picture.

Crafts I did in Idaho:

Popsicle cards--I first saw these cards at my sister Melissa's house and loved them. So I was very happy when my mom had all of the stamps to make them. I think they are so fun, cheerful and cute!Journal--I also made this journal which is basically paper glued to a tablet, but doesn't it look so much cuter than a plain old tablet?!


Post-it note holder. This was fun and easy to make. The back is actually a coaster, then you put pretty paper on it.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so fun that you got to be there on several first days of school and go to some practices. Glad you had a fun vacation. We'll have to get together when you come back to visit Utah when your family isn't as busy. :) My favorite crafts were the Popsicle Cards and the Composition Notebook. :) You're a genuine scrapbooker now.

Kari and Jared said...

So glad you came to visit. Wish you were still here!