Last Friday night we went on an awesome date. We went to downtown Indianapolis. There is about a 2 mile long canal that runs through the city. It's really pretty and there are a lot of people that go there to walk and hang out. Also, there's a store that rents kayaks and pedal boats. We rented the 2 person kayak and it was a blast. At first I was trying really hard not to get wet. So, I would very carefully put my paddle in the water. Nels made so much fun of me. Since Nels was doing all the work, he would run us into the sides and he almost paddled us into a fountain. We laughed our heads off. By the end, I was wet and gave up on staying dry. So I actually paddled. When we were sychronized we went pretty fast. We even got a compliment from some people in a pedal boat. :) On the canal there was also a gondola which was cool to see. We noticed as we were kayaking that they play old movies in the "park." So we'll have to try to do that sometime. It was a great way to see what there is to do in Indianapolis.
Here's a few pictures:
The batteries in my camera died so I barely got this picture taken. It's not very good, but if you look really, really close you can see the gondola. There were lots of pretty bridges that we went under too.


Here's us in our plastic kayak. :)

Here's one of the fountains Nels tried to run me into.
Saturday we drove 2 hours to Louisville, Kentucky to go the temple. It's a beautiful drive. It's so lush and green with lots of trees. I enjoyed this drive so much more than Lafayette to Chicago. Especially since there was very little traffic. The temple is really small but very beautiful. When I was there I recognized a girl and she recognized me. We talked to each other for a while and then I remembered we were in a communications class at BYU-Idaho that was six years ago! It was fun though to see a somewhat familiar face. We had a lovely time in Kentucky and the temple.
See how the trees are surrounding the temple.


It's so green there! I loved it!
1 comment:
Hi Becky and Nels! I was blog hopping and found you guys! Congrats on the graduating and the new job. It would be great to catch up with you guys. --Laurissa (and Blake Jones)
Post a Comment