Thursday, May 21, 2026

April 1 - 2: Adventure in Nashville

April 1 - 2 Moments:

April 1:
Kira braided my hair for me. 

I took Isak to go play tennis with his friend, Xavier.  I played some pickleball while he played tennis.  Then he went to Climb with Xavier.  He had a blast.  

When I came home, there were spiders everywhere to scare me for April Fool's Day!  Guess who did it?!  Kira! She's a funny one.  :)  Sofie helped her.  


Isak and I finished up his service hours at Greenhouse Ministry.  We sorted clothes.

Yay!  10 hours of service completed!
The girls helped me shop for Easter.  Sofie found these fun bunny ears. 
And a huge peep!
We didn't buy either, but it was fun to take pictures.  
April 2: Adventure in Nashville:
Our first stop was to the Frist Art Museum.

I really enjoyed looking at the art and watching our kids enjoy the different art.  





So many creative people and amazing talent.
Then we went to the hands on art center.  We spent a while here, doing all of the different types of activities.  


Drawing:
Watercolor:

Lights:
Sculpture...
Paper:

I jumped in and tried a few too.  
Here's Isak's art:

Noah's
Mine:

They were creating this huge string art.  
Sofie's art:

Sofie and Noah had learned about Claude Monet in art class at school.  Sofie was excited to see some of his art.

Different view of the string art:
The art museum used to be a post office.   I loved the metal work and design.
We got all the way out of the museum and Noah realized he forgot his creation.  So we walked all the back to the art center and thankfully, we found his creation.  Yay!
I took the opportunity to take a photo with all four of them.  :)
Here's the info about turning the post office into an art museum.  
And some pictures outside the museum.


The timing worked out that Nels was able to meet up with us.  It was a short walk from the art museum to Gibson Guitar Garage...the store.  Nels works at the factory, but met us at the Gibson store. 

It was so fun to listen to the kids ask him questions like, "did you make this guitar?"  :)
Then we walked some more downtown.  We found a huge Panda.  

We showed Nels the art museum.
Random stranger offered to take our picture...thank you, stranger.  
We found our way to Handel's Ice Cream Shop.  
It was delicious!
Kira and I got the same flavor: Monkey Business.  Banana ice cream, caramel and brownie chunks.  Mmmm.  
Sofie got Chocoholic. 

Noah got birthday cake.

Nels got apple cobbler...I think. 

So many flavors.  It took us a while to decide.  


Isak chose a pick four...mint chocolate chip, banana, strawberry cheesecake and blueberry cobbler.  

We ate outside.  We had to eat fast because it was a warm day and the ice cream melted quickly.  

I love how Sofie loves her chocolate like me.  :)
Then we walked back to the car.  One last picture of the museum with the city behind it.  It was a fun adventure.  I'm glad Nels was able to meet up with us. 
 

No comments: