Saturday, May 24, 2025

April 5 - 17: General Conference & Easter at the Avenues

Moments April 5 - 17:

Just taking a walk with the kids.  Isak and I brought the basketballs to make it even more fun.  We tried to steal each other's basketballs.  

General Conference weekend included Nels smoking a pork shoulder butt.

Nels tried three different flavors, root beer, sprite and apple juice...same rub, but different liquids. 
I made my cinnamon rolls.  They turned out so good.  Moist and light.


Silly Kira.  :)
We put together our family photo puzzle, 500 pieces. 


I also did diamond art.  I really enjoyed listening to conference and slowing down with the family.
I found this in an old notebook:  It's our reading challenge:  Nels had to read "The Book Thief", "Pride and Prejudice" and "Ender's Game" and I had to read "Atlas Shrugged."  Nels barely won.  And he enjoyed his steak at Outback.  I had to get the burger, but it was actually pretty good.  Fun challenge and reward.  :)
Nels taught the YM how to make pancakes using my dad's recipe for pancakes that I grew up with.  I think the activity turned out pretty well.  
After playing pickleball one day, Nels and I joined our pickleball friends for lunch at Jonathan's.  Nels got the Horseshoe Burger and I got the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad.  

I went to the temple.
April 12 - Easter at the Avenues.  I realized Kira and Isak are probably a little too old for this, but they indulged me and went anyways.  We still had fun.  
We did the scavenger hunt.  We got a different sticker clue at each store to complete a picture.


Finished!
They turned them in and received a peep stuffed animal.  
Isak was so sweet and gave his stuffy to another little boy.  💚  He's just growing up on me.
Everyone indulged me and got a picture with the Easter Bunny too.
Nels and I hopped in too.  Probably our last family picture with the bunny!
Then we treated ourselves to an expensive fancy cinnamon roll.  We just shared one.  It worked out great, because they are very sugary.  
Peanut butter cup, banana and pretzel cinnamon roll.



Cute Easter girls.
Our friends made these cute nest cookies too.  
We did some sidewalk chalk.
Notice anything missing in this drawing I did?  I'm missing the "is"!  Kira read it and said, "Mom, He Risen doesn't make sense."  😂
I fixed it. :)
Kira drew Peeps and Happy Easter.

Sofie drew a cute chick hatching from an egg.



Noah joined us and drew a peep too.  It matched the one he got at the Avenues.
So cute, Sofie!  Good Job!

And Kira's final:  Love the strawberry by her name.  
The kids got bunny slap bracelets for taking a picture with the Easter Bunny.  Noah sure loves his stuffies.
We did scratch off egg ornaments.
Sofie ate salad...sort of.

Ha.  Caught my kids getting ready for bed, brushing teeth.  Just an everyday moment...


Sofie and Noah colored their egg wreaths outside with their bunny slap bracelets.  
The Sunday before Easter, Palm Sunday, we started a nightly devotional.  It included a few short scriptures, question to ponder/discuss and a short video.  It was nice.  
Isak had his final spring choir concert.  The Elements.  It was fantastic.  I've enjoyed his singing and concerts.  

On my drive to the temple, this field is so pretty with yellow "flowers".  
Sunny day at the temple.
At 1 pm, a quote of the day shows up from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I've enjoyed this small reminder popping up each day.  Plus, my cute babies as a background.
Someone sweet and fun, "egged" our yard.  12 eggs, one empty to remind us that Jesus has risen.  It was so thoughtful.  I'm grateful people surprised us with this.  I hope to do that in the future. 

No comments: