We had the best St. Patrick's Day! Sofie and Noah had the day off and I loved every minute. First, we went to parent and teacher conference. They are both doing great and I loved hearing all of the great things they are doing.
Then we did lots of green things. Including making green slime!Throughout the day, Sofie and Noah made traps for the leprechaun. Then I would sneak and leave them a note with some Rolos. So fun!
We went on a walk to welcome spring. Before we left, Sofie insisted on bringing a basket. Then when we were on our walk she said, "where's the popcorn?" I call the white blossom trees popcorn blossom trees like the primary song "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree." Sofie thought the blossoms were going to be real popcorn! She wanted to put popcorn in her basket. So cute and funny. She was a little sad there was no real popcorn! But she collected other things to put in her basket.
We found a "green" river. Not quite as green as Chicago's green river, but hey, it works. Haha!
Flashback to March 2019:
That was a crazy, cold adventure, but I'm glad we did it!
We had a great time together, hiking and exploring.
Second Leprechaun trap:
We made fruit loop and marshmallow rainbows.
Third Leprechaun trap:
Here's the notes the leprechaun left. :)
Nels made green pancakes for dinner.
And I made sure to have Noah's favorite sugar cookies with green frosting.
We all wore green.
Kira made green ice cream.
Sofie and Noah also watched three read aloud books. "How to Catch a Leprechaun," "The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover," and "Pete the Cat and the Leprechaun." Also, a video about who St. Patrick was and why we celebrate St. Patrick's day.
Sofie and Noah also watched three read aloud books. "How to Catch a Leprechaun," "The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover," and "Pete the Cat and the Leprechaun." Also, a video about who St. Patrick was and why we celebrate St. Patrick's day.
Fun Day!
































No comments:
Post a Comment