Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Moments in January 2022

Moments in January.
Sofie picked out this pet vet set from Amazon with her gift card from G&G Swensen.  She was thrilled and has enjoyed playing with it.  She has plenty of patients with everyone's stuffed animals.  :)
I found this in Kira's journal and just loved it.  It's a list of things that make her happy.  I wasn't surprised to see drawing, creativity, horses and unicorns on it.  I was surprised at how thoughtful she was by recognizing she likes personal time.   I love that she put "Jesus and how he died for me", "The miracle" song, memories, and "making someone else feel happy."
Ready for school.
It's kind of hard to see, but there's a big spiderweb above the van...The frost covered the web and it was beautiful.
Come Follow Me lesson/activity.  The creation.  They used play dough to make some creations. 

Here's Kira's up close...She's so good.
Then they raced around the house and found things to represent each day of the creation.  Noah and Kira were on a team.  Then they taught the 7 days.
Isak and Sofie were on a team and then they taught the 7 days too.  Of course, we had a few meltdowns/fights/tears/whining....but we also had some great learning moments too.  
Here's Noah and Sofie with all of their stuffed animals arranged around their bed.
Kira, Noah and I learned how to fold a paper into a secret message...Kira wrote me a sweet note and Noah wrote one to dad...he drew Nels with a monkey dancing on his head.  Haha!  So cute.
This is how it looks all folded.  It's been fun.
Kira got out her baking kit and made some cupcakes.
She tried out some frosting tips and had fun.
Pancake breakfast.  Nels makes the best pancakes.  
Kira asked if she could have a milk pancake like my dad.  Yes!  Sofie and Isak joined her.  
Here we are all together in our little living room.  Puzzles, games and toys.  
Isak finished his 500 piece candy puzzle all by himself. 
Nels and Isak worked together on this 1000 piece puzzle.  I helped a little too.
They were pretty happy when they finished it.  
Sofie is obsessed with Panda's.  She says, "Ask me anything about pandas."  She knows how to spell panda, what they like to eat and where they live.  She watches documentaries about pandas.  If there's a book with a panda in it she wants it. :)  And she asks Alexa about pandas too.  Spiderman is her helper...heehee.
Sometimes you just need to dress up.
Reading lesson for panda girl.
She has a puppet panda too.  And Sofie likes to wear dresses to school.  I found this cute woodland creature dress at Walmart.  
Cute Kira.
Isak drew this picture of a leopard.  I thought it was great!
Come Follow Me Activity.  It's always sweet to see Nels holding his two kids on his lap.
Just like Adam and Eve taught their children the gospel, I had the kids pick a topic and teach their stuffed animals a gospel topic.  Kira taught about faith.  She even made an origami flower to represent how faith grows from a seed to a flower.  
Isak is reading Harry Potter.  This is book 1 and he read it in less than 10 days!
I bought a bunch of card games from the $1 store and it has been great.  We've played Old Maid and Go Fish the most.  Quick, easy games.

Noah and his favorite monkey, "Oo Oo."
He threw up at school one day.   Yuck.  So he got to stay home for another day.  He was ok with that.  :) 
Sofie was wiggling her front tooth before school.  She said to me, "Mom, I'm worried I'll lose my tooth at school."  I told her it will be ok.  She went into her room and then came back out holding her tooth.  She had pulled it out herself!!!  So here she is with one missing front tooth.  Her second front tooth fell out a couple of days later.

She's wearing a panda shirt and holding her three pandas.
She really wanted to go to the $1 store after the Tooth Fairy came.  So I took just her to the store.  She loved it.  She picked out a teddy bear.     
Then we found this huge panda at Walmart.  We took a picture but didn't buy it.  But I did go back later and I bought it.  I'll give it to her for her birthday.  Hopefully, we can both wait until May!
We explored a new park...
Isak completed reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone so we watched the movie together.  💙
Sofie loves to brush hair....
Nels and I have been meeting up for lunch.  We try to do it once a week.  We went to Red Robin one week.
Noah was "sick" this day, so he came with us to a BBQ place.  
He was SO happy to have this lunch date with us.
Rick's Barbecue was pretty good!
Another date, we got take out and Nels splurged and got brownies.  We had our date at home...
And it was ok that someone photobombed us.  😂
Getting ready for February...Valentine Donuts.  I try to get a treat on Friday to celebrate everyone making it through the week.  I got donuts this time.  
We stayed home a lot in January.  Lots of puzzles, games and reading.  Cozy winter month. 

No comments: