Monday, October 18, 2021

Door County - Day 2 Mini Golf & Ice Cream

August 6 -
We took our time getting ready.  We had a nice slow morning.  Nels and Noah were both coughing and not feeling that great.  We ate scrambled eggs with tortillas for breakfast and salsa and cheese.  Yum.  The kids played in the woods for a while.  There's a swing we can see from the kitchen window.  I loved seeing them swing while I did the dishes.  

I got a cute picture of Isak and his new stuffed elephant Sam.
Noah stayed inside a lot to play with this "tricky trap".
The girls moved branches around and leaned them on a tree to make a tepee house.  
Isak explored the woods and showed me what he discovered.  This tree...
And this one...
I wrote my name out of leaves and flowers.  
The girls decorated their tepee.  💜

Swinging with Sam.
It was nice to have time to just be...to explore...wander around.
Quick picture on the front steps before our outing...
We all went mini golfing at Pirates Cove.  And it was so fun!!  All of the kids were good and enjoyed it.  
Nels won by 1 point!  Then I was 2nd and Isak was 3rd, then Kira.  Isak was very competitive and tried really hard.  
They each had their own way of doing things.  Cute kids.
I happened to get 3 holes in 1!  
Almost every hole, I helped Sofie reposition her hands so she was holding the golf club correctly...this picture is her not holding it correctly.  😂  She's a wild thing.  
Sweet Kira with her pink ball.  She got the hang of it.
And Noah was SO determined.  He even ended up getting a hole in 1.  He was so happy about that!


It's a pretty course with beautiful landscaping.  


Here's Noah...

And last pictures before we left for the next thing.
Someone took our family picture for us...
Then we ate lunch at Wilson's and ice cream too.  
I love the ice cream on the benches and Sofie wore her ice cream shirt.  Perfect!


Pictures while we wait.  :)  Check out Noah's grumpy face.  😂

Fun hats to color and wear.

Isn't it just a cute place with the red and white?
Ice cream!!





Messy, messy...
We learned a few things though.  First, ice cream melts fast!  Second, get a bowl to go with your cone.  Third, get lots of napkins.  Fourth, give mom her ice cream last, please.  Haha.  Nels was sweet and got me my ice cream first.  But then it melted so fast and I had a hard time helping the kids because my hands were messy.  A bit of a disaster.  Noah and Sofie were both whining for help and in the midst of it, poor Isak licked his scoop right off his cone and it landed on the ground!!  😢  I was so involved with my ice cream melting all over and the littles ice cream problems that I was not very kind or helpful to Isak.  I told him to go inside and ask Dad(who was still ordering and getting his ice cream) to get Isak a cup and spoon.  He did and was ok after that.  But I so wish I could have said it nicer and more empathetically.  I struggle a lot when there's multiple problems all at once.  Anyways, we managed to eat our ice cream and enjoy most of it.  :)
We took a short walk.
Then we went to Seaquist Orchards.  We played at the playground and maze and bought cherry brats.  

The kids loved digging in the sandbox there too.  For dinner we had sandwiches on rolls and chips.  We popped popcorn and finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean.  Pleasant Day!

No comments: