Thursday, January 30, 2020

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I think I mentioned before that we were all sick with the flu for a few days.  Christmas Eve was one of those last lingering sick days.  The kids were all so sick that they ASKED to go to bed before 7!!  It was so sad and sweet at the same time.  We tried to cram everything in and then sent them to bed...So here's how it went.  

Nels brought home a free ham from work.  So we had ham, mac and cheese(from Costco), a fancy salad with pecans, oranges and a homemade dressing, fruit, carrots, stuffing and rolls.  
We thought the kids would like the fancy Costco mac and cheese...but no.  They didn't.  So they mostly ate the rolls and fruit.  Isak and Sofie did eat some ham.  But I liked all of the food.  :)
After dinner the kids each opened one gift.
We ate cookies.  I'm so glad I went the easy route for the cookies instead of trying to make some from scratch.  The kids loved them and they weren't a hassle to make!
While we ate the cookies, Nels read "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
Then we acted out the nativity story.  Nels was a donkey, kids were angels and Noah ended up being baby Jesus.  :)
Then the kids went to bed.  Easiest bed time of the year.  So Nels and I set out the gifts...
The kids made cards for Santa.
Thankfully, all the kids slept through the night!  However, I was so anxious about life that I got up around 4:50 - 6:20 a.m. and worked on my talk for church.  Then we all woke up around 7 a.m.

Oh the kids were so excited and raced downstairs.

They opened up their stocking gifts first.
Noah was sooooo happy he got Rubble from Paw Patrol and a Mickey Mouse car.

Kira received this gift from Grandma and Grandpa Nyborg.  She also got her pink paper and the Friendship Lego house from Santa.
Sofie got her Skye Costume from Santa.  So happy!!
Noah got a remote control Chase car.   Grandma and Grandpa Nyborg gave the younger twins a tent that you can see behind Noah.

Water Wow coloring gifts for Sofie and Noah.
Painting set for Sofie.
Grandma and Grandpa Swensen gave Sofie this jewelry box.  Oh how she loves it.

Kira and Isak working on their toys.  Isak is wearing a magic hat from grandma and grandpa Nyborg. He got a magic kit set from them.  He also got a solar robot set and erector set from Santa.
Here's the motor erector car he made.
A big gift for everyone was the hot wheel set.  It was a hit.
I got a red kitchen aid mixer.  I love it.  And everyone likes what I make with it.  :)  My first cookies were peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses.
I gave some to a friend too.
The boys thought they were pretty yummy.
Christmas day was such nice weather.  So Nels and I took turns going for a walk.  I love these tall plants and blue sky.  I tried to capture a photo of it.
We enjoyed playing with all of the new toys with the kids.  Our neighbors invited us over for dinner on Christmas day.  We should have canceled.  But the kids all seemed to be ok all day...but of course the evening hit and Isak was coughing and coughing.  Well, he coughed so much he ended up throwing up all over their couch.  So embarrassing..  I felt awful.  I helped clean up and loaded the kids up to take home.  Nels and Kira stayed.  They have a girl close to Kira's age that really wanted Kira to stay.  So I went home and took care of the sick kids.  It was a rough experience.

Other than that and all the sickness, we had a great Christmas.  😂

And hey, we survived another year.
Yay!

No comments: