Our second annual trip to the Chicago Auto Show happened February 15th. I'm glad we went and I feel like it was a little easier than last year. Yay!
We left at 9 a.m. and arrived about 10:15 a.m. We had a little stop and go traffic. Poor Isak got car sick and threw up. But he's an expert now and he got it all in the bowl that we keep by him just for that purpose! He felt better after that and was totally fine the rest of the day.
So here we are at the beginning of the car show.
We checked out Toyota first. We liked this Cubs car.The kids were super cute and all climbed in the back of the car for a picture. They did it a few times without me even asking...in fact they would ask me to take a picture. haha.
See Sofie? She wore her backpack and gloves almost the whole time! And the backpack was filled with extra clothes, so kind of heavy. But she insisted. And she walked most of the time! Kira took her spot in the stroller. :)
While Nels and Isak waited to go on the Jeep obstacle course, I took the other three exploring.
State Farm had a life-size version of the game of Life. So we played that and the kids loved climbing on the toy cars.
Then we waited for the Jeep to come down this big ramp.
There's Nels and Isak in the back seat of the Jeep.
See little Isak's face in the back?
Then we sat in some more cars.
We liked this fire truck.
We waited almost an hour for this rope course for Isak and Kira to go on. It was these large rope tunnels that were placed above all of the cars. So pretty high up there. After all that waiting, it was finally our turn. Isak and Kira looked in the tunnel and then looked down. They both freaked out and said they didn't want to do it! What?! I did not wait this long NOT to do it. So after a quick pep talk we climbed across the tunnel. And afterwards, they said how much they loved it. 😀
This lego truck was awesome!
We looked in amazement at it.
Sofie loved to be in the driver seat. 😀
Quick Flashback! This was from Feb 2018--Look how young Sofie and Noah were!
Feb 2018--Isak and Sofie.
Back to Feb 2019--
We brought our own lunch and ate it at the car show. We watched the cool Ford robot. It was interactive and fascinating.
All four kids loved climbing in and out of the cars. At the Honda section, Kira had a huge meltdown because Sofie would not get out of the drivers seat and she didn't want to wait. Kira just lost it...on the floor kicking and crying!! I picked her up and we found a little spot for her to calm down. Kira is kind of like me... she will be going along wonderfully for a looooong time and then just lose it suddenly. I understand that. So we just took a few minutes to snuggle and she was fine after that.
We saw the red Miata on our out. I still like that car. We left about 3:30 p.m.
One last picture before we left. Someone took the picture, so I'm in it too. :)
Here we are walking back to the car. Love the city in the background.Kira loves the city too and kept commenting on the different buildings.
When we finally got home (after 40 minutes of stop and go traffic and dinner at Red Robin), Kira immediately grabbed paper and crayons and created this picture. She drew Chicago and even included our gold van!
Overall it was a great outing. It wasn't perfect. Car sick, meltdowns (Noah had a huge meltdown at Red Robin too), and a few frustrating moments. But there were some cute, good moments too. I enjoyed being all together and I'm thankful I was able to just roll with the punches and not get too upset about things. I'm slowly learning that the only thing I can control is my own attitude and responses to situations.
So that was our big adventure for February!



No comments:
Post a Comment