Thursday, November 29, 2018

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!  My kids love Halloween, which helps me to enjoy it too.  This year Kira wanted to be a ballerina unicorn.  She hadn't had a new costume in two years so we found one that worked.  I decided to match her.  😀🦄
Isn't she a cute ballerina unicorn??
I painted her fingernails hot pink and she showed everyone her nails.  We curled her hair too.  She was pretty happy about all the pampering.
Isak was a firefighter again.  Noah was batman.  He wouldn't put the cape on; I was lucky to get the shirt on him!  Then Sofie was a little Bee.  Kira and Isak wore those costumes when they were 2 or 3. And the bee costume came from my sister Kari's daughter Sadie.  So we reused three costumes this year.  But it worked and everyone was happy.
Noah was super cute and wanted to smile and be in the pictures!!

Nels was batman too.

Oct. 27th - Saturday.
We all went to the Geneva Park District Halloween Party.  It was $5/kid and totally worth it.  So fun for the kids.  The kids played carnival games like toss the spider and spin the wheel.
There was music playing and Noah totally started to dance and groove.  Cutest thing ever!  Sofie joined him with cute twirls.  Probably my favorite part was just watching these two year olds dance.
We did an egg hunt.  Sofie and Noah got 0 eggs.  And they were okay with that.  Isak and Kira each got about six eggs and did it all by themselves.

We got a family picture.
We went on a little hayride...a tractor pulled us around the parking lot in a trailer.
Lots of candy was eaten and received.
We did some coloring.
Nels and I raced  doing the word scramble.  Can you guess who won by the picture? hee hee.
We watched some mad scientists do dry ice and slime experiments.

Then we went to the entertainment show.  Mr. Steve did balloon animals, songs, a little magic and threw some toys and tootsie rolls.

Isak got picked to go up.  Mr. Steve asked him how long he had been a firefighter.  Isak replied 2 years.  😀  He was super cute up there.
The party was 10-1 p.m.  We left about 12:55 p.m.  Pretty good!!

We came home and ate lunch.  I made frosting for the pumpkin bars.  Then we got ready again and left for the ward party from 3-5 p.m.  It was fun!  The kids loved the park.  There was yummy food too.

The Bishop of our ward was Batman too!  So I had to get a pic!
Another girl was a unicorn too!
This is Brynnley.  She is our neighbor and friend.
It started to sprinkle a little but wasn't bad.  Brynnley and Kira played together the whole time and did the trunk or treat together by themselves.  I took Sofie and Isak around to the trunks.  Noah stayed with Nels and passed out candy.  There were also a couple of games.  Kira rocked the bean bag toss and knocked over all of the cans!

When we got in the car, Sofie would not let her candy out of her sight.  
We were all exhausted when we got home.  We put babies to bed at 7:30 p.m. and big kids were in bed by 8:30 p.m.

It was a great day!

Oct. 31 - Halloween Day!

I tried to make it special...I made them spider sandwiches like last year, but I didn't have pretzels.  So we used veggie straws for the legs instead.  The kids loved them anyways!  Yay!
Isak and Kira wore their costumes to school.  Sofie and Noah were so excited watching Isak and Kira get ready that they insisted on having me put their costumes on too!  Even Noah wanted his batman shirt on!

Isak and Kira gave their special treat bags that they made with grandma to the bus driver and their teacher.
You can kind of see the cute treat bags in this picture.
Then the bus came and we waved good bye...

Then I took Sofie and Noah to school for the Halloween parade at 2:15 p.m.  We made it just in time to see Isak and Kira walking around.
We went inside the school for a minute to see the paper doll costumes the kids had made for Halloween.  Then home for naps!  Isak and Kira had a party at school.  I think they had a great time.

When they got home I took all four kids trick or treating in our neighborhood by myself.  Sadly, Nels had to work late.

Noah was a bit grumpy at the beginning because of his short nap.  But Sofie was all smiles and ready to go!

See Noah yawning...so cute!
And the folded arms. haha...
Noah was a little hesitant.
But once he realized candy was being handed out he got right into it!
Here's my crew walking on ahead.
Noah stayed close by me at all times, except to get the candy at the door.
Isak and Kira fought over who got to ring the doorbell.  So we tried to implement turns.  They got lots of candy.  The dogs scared Sofie.  I FaceTimed at our friend's house so he could see how it was going and be apart of it.  We went from 4:30-5:30.  It was probably 50 degrees outside with no rain or wind.  No coats, except for me.  :)  It was a fun time.
We recovered with a show and dinner.
The bus driver gave Isak and Kira a little goodie bag.  Inside was a glow in the dark glove.  I chased the kids around the house with the gloves on.  haha.  That was fun!
After I put the babies to bed, Isak and Kira sorted their candy.

We just dumped it all in one big bowl and we share the candy.  Everyone usually gets one or two pieces a day.  Next year I'm going to try and give it to the dentist or candy for soldiers charity.  Four kids' candy is a lot!

So that was our Halloween celebration.  Great time and great memories.  

1 comment:

Judy said...

Great Halloween!!!! Thank you so much! I love you!