Wednesday, October 24, 2018

September - Local Outings

September was a nice month.  I took all four kids out a few times this month.  We just did some local things.  It was fun to get out and most of the time the kids were really good!  They are probably good because we don't get out much.  So when we do go, they are just happy to be out!  haha.

We explored Peck Farm Park.  They have a Butterfly House and we were able to visit it before the butterflies were gone for the winter.  It was so awesome and I can't wait to go visit again in the spring.
We saw a lot of Monarch butterflies.
They babies were fascinated by the butterflies.

They gave us a paper with all of the butterflies.  So the older kids tried to match the butterflies to the pictures.  It was fun for them.
There is also a huge silo, four stories tall, with a windy staircase.  So we all climbed up there.   Well, the babies were scared, so I ended up carrying both babies in my arms up and down.  Ouch, my thighs were burning.  Great workout, right?!
Another outing.
Nels came with us on this one.  We went on a Saturday to Island Park near the Fox river.  You can see the river in the background of this pic of Kira swinging.
Girls swinging.

Noah stayed close to his dad.
Sofie ran all over and tried to keep up with the big kids.  It was a cool park with a little zip line and fun playground.
We took a short walk and crossed the foot bridge over the river and came back again.
Strong Isak boy.
Tried to get one with all four...
They make me laugh!
I took Isak and Kira on a couple of bike rides.  They are getting better at riding.  Isak is pretty fast.  Kira is a bit slower and more cautious.


Another visit to Peck Farms Park.  See the silo...
This is what the playground looks like.  Pretty cool huh?!
We took a little walk on the grass path to the pond.  We found some dandelions to blow.



Noah did not want to walk.  I was going to take a pic of him throwing a tantrum, but as soon as the camera came out he started to smile!
Checking out the pond.
And that was the end of our visit...As you can see Noah was very done.
I'm glad we got out and saw our little area more.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love your blog! Your pictures are amazing and I love your writing!!! You are so awesome! Love you! Thank you!