Wednesday, June 6, 2018

2018 - All About Easter

We enjoyed a few activities in preparation for Easter.  On Monday night before Easter for FHE we did the Easter egg lesson with Isak and Kira.  You know the one with something inside a plastic egg that tells about Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.  They paid attention the whole time and learned a lot.

On Tuesday before Easter, we read some of the Book of Mormon Easter book.  

On Wednesday before Easter, we read "The Best Ever Easter Egg" book from the library.  I had them water color easter eggs on card stock paper.  Then on Thursday we laminated the eggs.  I hid the eggs and then the kids found them.  So cute.
Here's a pic of them painting.  
Very carefully.

Sofie really wanted to participate.  She was happy with crayons.
I colored three that resembled the eggs from the book we read.
Here's all of the eggs.  The top row are the ones I colored.  Kira painted the second row.  Isak painted the third row. And Sofie colored the bottom row.
Cute book and fun activity.
One night we made bunny sugar cookies...the pre-made kind.
They were delicious.
Nels and I put together baskets and hid the eggs around the first floor of our house.  In their baskets..Isak and Kira each got a hundred piece puzzle and an oreo chocolate bunny.  Sofie and Noah got a tablet.  And then they shared the items in the middle.  Crayons, markers, toothbrushes, rulers, play dough and glue sticks.  Yes, I stocked up on art supplies for easter.  :) Oh and we gave bubbles too.

Then Sunday morning was the Easter Egg Hunt.  Boy, did it go quick.  I barely got any pics and they're blurry because of how fast they were moving.  haha.

I love watching them hunt for candy though.  So fun.
We made Cream Chip Beef for breakfast.  It's a Nyborg favorite.
We listened to conference.
We napped.
Listened to conference.
And then made an awesome Easter dinner.  Nels grilled chicken in the 31 degree weather.   I made mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, broccoli, a bowl of fruit (bananas, raspberries and strawberries), cheese sticks and rolls.  I made an orange jello salad the night before so we ate that too.  For dessert we enjoyed strawberry cheesecake (Isak asked for it).  Even Kira liked the dessert!

We Facetimed parents and put kids to bed.

I snuck in this impromptu photo shoot.  Sofie and Noah love their baskets, even if they got them mixed up.  They were just playing around with them.  So, of course, I took their pictures.
Noah thought it was sooooo funny to put it on his head.
Isn't Sofie adorable??!!
Cheese.  They say "cheese" for pictures.
Playing with the empty plastic eggs.

And that was the end of Easter.  We are grateful we can celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and enjoy time as a family.

No comments: