Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Great Grandma's House

One evening we drove up to where my great grandparents had land.  They passed down about 120 acres to my grandma.  I wanted to see the property and their little house.  I also wanted to take a few (I mean a ton) of pictures.  :)

So here's our photo shoot out in the good ol' Idaho country.
The grass was really tall and hard to walk in.  Kira did not like it!
Beautiful view of the Tetons.
Here's the little house with red windows.

Isak stuck close to my dad most of the time. They are good pals.
I tried to make Kira happy.
Inside the little house...teal paint.  Good color. :)
Me and my twins.

Trying to be happy...I got Isak to smile, but wow, look at Kira's frown!!
Isak's big grin.

Beautiful Aunt Jenny.
And as we are headed back to the car, Kira pops this big grin.
She's a sneaky one.



It's just beautiful and peaceful out here.

I would love to find out more about the place and the people that lived here.

There was even a pump that Isak thought was pretty cool.



Tell us how you feel about pictures Kira...poor girl.





Some of the property is called The Cold And Hungry.  The story that was passed down to me is that when people would pass by my great grandparents would take them in and feed them.  They took in anyone that was cold and hungry.

This sign leads to the property...turn on Squirrel road and drive for a long time.

Bye little house...so glad I got to go see it.  Now I just need to find out more details and stories about our family there.

No comments: