June 7th is when our adventure to Idaho began. We were out the door by 6:30 a.m. Even with losing Isak's shoe, which we found under the suitcase Isak had tipped over. :) We parked the van, unloaded and barely missed the bus that goes from parking to the airport. But another bus came and we were on our way.
We stood in a long line to check our luggage with Delta. We noticed the short Special Services line and I thought we could go in that line since we had an infant in arms. So we switched lines. Then we realized it was not moving. So Nels went back to the long line. Someone from Delta said, "why are you standing there? You have to be in the normal line." So I moved back over to Nels. Finally, we checked our luggage that weighed exactly 50 lbs. and went to the security line.
TSA was not able to let Nels through without a gate pass. So Nels ran back to Delta and asked for one. They would NOT issue him one and did not even give a reason. Nels was furious and came rushing back to us. The TSA people were nice and let Nels help me through security with the babies. But that was as far as he could go without a gate pass. So we hugged and kissed in front of everyone. haha.
And then I was on my own. I balanced Isak's 35 lb. forward facing car seat on the roller carry on and pushed the stroller holding Isak, Kira and her car seat and the diaper bag. I also had a backpack on.
We made it to our gate and only waited about 5 minutes before boarding. A nice man carried Isak's car seat onto the first plane for me and the flight attendants carried it off.
The first flight Kira zonked out as the plane lifted off. Isak stayed awake the whole time eating snacks and wanting a new toy every two minutes. He cried off and on, but overall did really well. We had a connection flight in Minneapolis, MN. I barely made it before take off. Isak fell asleep on this flight for about a half hour. Each flight was about 2 hours long.
We landed in Idaho Falls, ID 12:30 p.m. MST. Two flight attendants were super nice and helped me off the plane. I took the kids to the bathroom and did diaper changes. I just finished when I heard a voice say, "Lambchops?" I turned around and there was Nels's Mom. I was so happy to see her. She convinced the airport to give her a day pass so she could help me. She told them, "I hope you are nicer than the people in Charlotte!" Haha.
So that's how flying by myself with 18 month old twins went. :)
Bob and Donna picked us up in their RV, pictured below:
This is what I looked like going through the airport!
Bob and Donna drove us to my parents house and relaxed for a bit before heading back to Utah. I was so glad they made the effort to see us. Home again. Here I am with my mom and dad and their cute grandkids. heehee (yes, I like to laugh at my own jokes.)
So here's a few random pictures of what we did in Idaho. Other posts will be coming with other things we did. Anyways...
Church. We made it to church. The babies were so exhausted. Kira fell asleep in nursery! One of the workers was holding her on her lap and she just fell asleep. So I took her into Relief Society. Here's me holding a sleeping Kira, then sweet Grandma Stewart, and sister Jenny.
My sweet mama holding Kira.
My mom bought this cool toy just for the kids to enjoy. Kira got right into it while my mom was building it. It's a water table, but it was too cold while we were there to play with it outside. So we just played with it indoors without the water.
Shopping. My mom was so sweet and watched the kids in the car while I ran inside the store to shop. I haven't bought very many clothes since the babies were born. So it is way past time for me to update my wardrobe. I am not a good shopper. But it was fun to buy a few things and not have to worry about the twins.
My mom is an avid carder. She has all the stuff and makes the most beautiful cards. So she set me up and helped me make a few cards. When the babies played I would sneak over to the table and work on cards. Little Kira sat in the chair next to me for a bit. Carder in training. :)
Everyday the babies, mom and I would wave good bye to my dad as he left for work. The babies and I wave to Nels everyday when he leaves for work too. This is where I get it from.
Our little Mozart.
Who is a good girl composer??
Grandma knows how to entertain these two kiddos...bubbles!!











1 comment:
You are Wonder Woman to fly alone with both kids!!
Post a Comment