Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Non Baby Post

What??  No pictures of the babies.  Crazy huh?!!!  
Nels and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary June 21.  The moving truck delivered our stuff June 19...so we basically spent our anniversary unpacking and recovering from the move.  We did venture out to Outback Steakhouse and I thoroughly enjoyed the filet mignon.  Nels bought me 2 dozen roses and lots of daisies.  Good thing I found my vases.  They were beautiful flowers and lasted a long time.  We are still happily married and looking forward to...well, eternity.  :)  
I've tried a couple recipes since we moved. The first one was Tuna Couscous.  When I asked Nels to rate this meal 1 to 10...10 being the best.  He gave it a 3.  And it deserved it.  I actually liked the couscous, but the tuna and veggie combo wasn't that great.  Plus, it was bland.
Greek Chicken Pita Sandwiches
These were delicious and smelled so good cooking in the crock pot.  There is a dash of cinnamon that makes it smell warm and cozy.  Both recipes are on pinterest.
Steak by Nels
Mmmmm steak.  Restaurants are becoming more difficult to go to.  Especially since the last time we went Isak spilled a full glass of water onto Nels's lap.  :)  So we bought nice steaks and ate at home.
When I am not taking care of babies or taking pictures of them...I am...

Reading.  I'm reading Thomas S. Monson's biography.  I am about 300 pages into it.  I'm learning about his time in East Germany behind the Iron Curtain.  Wow.  Amazing stories.  I'm reading youth fiction books. Love those quick escape reads.

Exercising.  When Nels is home I go running outside.  When Nels is traveling, I work out with my dear friend Jillian Michaels.  30 day Shred, oh yeah!  My sister got me an awesome Kickboxing DVD that's hard and fun.  I also like yoga and pilates.  Exercising helps me to stay happy.

Blogging.  Always trying to catch up.

Making Lists...haha.  I love to make lists, even though I don't get those things done.

Organizing the house.  We are all unpacked.  Now I just have clutter piles that I am trying to eliminate.  Eventually, I want to start projects to decorate our house.  I've never really decorated our dwelling places before, but I really want to make our house a home.

That's about all.  :)  Nothing too exciting...maybe next year I'll take up a new hobby.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

We went out to eat the other night and I was just thinking how we won't be able to do that very easily pretty soon:) I'll just have to work on my cooking skills! Your meals look delicious!

Happy 10 year anniversary!! Our 6 year anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks:)

Brandi said...

Happy anniversary!!!