Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yah for Parents!

So back in April, yes clear back in April...I know it's July.  We had some wonderful visitors.  My parents came one weekend and Nels's parents came another weekend.  We had a blast!  I loved having them here.  We did some fun things while they were here.  Our favorite times were playing games, eating and talking.  Here are some pictures of what we did.
We went to the Gibson guitar factory.  I thought it was neat to learn how they make guitars.  It was hot and loud in the factory.  We could barely hear the tour guide because he used a cup to amplify his voice.  It would have been better if he used a microphone.  But it was still fun to see everything.  Nels loves factories and seeing how things are made.  So he loved it, plus it's guitars.

Nels and my dad. (above)
Nels in front of a fancy guitar. (below)

Me and Nels with guitars...I liked the red one of course.

We went to the top of the Peabody hotel to look over Memphis.  It was a pretty day.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Then we ventured down to the famous Beale street.  I thought this restaurant name was fun.  Pig, Pork with an Attitude!

 Guitar Factory
Caught you mom!  :)  My mom loves to take pictures.

We headed over to Germantown and ate the best barbecue at the Commissary.  I'm in love with there sweet potato fries too.  Lightly sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and dipped in a perfect honey mustard.  Mmmmm.
My dad enjoying the ribs. :)
Wonderful parents.
All of our food!!!   
This is the outside...nothing fancy, but the food is great!  I'm coming to learn that most barbecue places are in "whole in the wall" type places.  I guess it adds to the ambiance.
We went to the Dixon Gardens.  The tulips were in full bloom.  I loved it!!

Snowballs!

At the gardens, it was kids day, and they had some stilts.  Nels tried to get up on them....he wasn't quite successful.
We did a quick drive by Graceland and Elvis Presley's home.  Nels parked a long the street.  We jumped out and quickly snapped photos of us in front of the famous Graceland Gates.

See between the trees...Elvis's House.
That's all the pictures from when our parents were here.
Moving on...
My boss gave me this beautiful plant for Administrative Professional Day.  It was so fun to get.
Here's me waiting...I can't remember where.  But to pass the time Nels took a picture of me.  Cheese.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Oh my gosh, that all looks so fun! We haven't done ANY of that! We really need to get out and see the city more. And I love your shoes in the last picture :)