Our friend's invited us to tour the USS George H. W. Bush CVN 77 aircraft carrier for the navy. We learned a lot about what it is like to live on and work on the ship. We definitely gained a lot of respect for people in the service. Thank you for all those who serve our country.

I like the banner and the words "Freedom at Work."

There are three levels of bunks...pretty small, Nels looks pretty cozy in there.


The commander's chair. Watch out here come the Nyborg's!

I was walking on the deck and totally tripped over the huge, brightly colored yellow thing (I don't know what it's called.) Everyone laughed; I did too. So Nels and Jacob reenacted it.

This picture only shows the top part of the ship, there's many more levels below the water.

We went up and down narrow staircases that are more like ladders. The ceilings were really low and everything is compact. I was amazed at everything that fits on the ship. It is like a city on a boat. Incredible. It was an eye opening experience for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment