Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jack Johnson

July 16th we drove to Virginia Beach Ampitheater for my first real concert. We braved the hot, humid weather and arrived about a half an hour before the gates opened.
This picture was taken outside the gate while we were waiting.

We were there so early! Here's the empty stage. We saw Jack Johnson in concert.
Waiting for something to happen...might as well take a picture or two. We had awesome seats. After the pit (standing room only by the stage) we were about 9 rows back and right in the middle!
There were two opening bands. ALO and another one that was terrible. He played the harmonica and it screeched. My ears were hurting and I was begging Jack Johnson to come on stage and save us. Finally, when it was nice and dark Jack Johnson came on stage. Wahoo!
Nels was singing a long to all the songs. I don't remember lyrics, so I just did my goofy little dances. Swaying side to side with the music...I don't have rhythm either! Oh well. We had a great time.

2 comments:

Kari and Jared said...

I'm so glad I decided to check your blog today! I loved all the pics. It looks like you did an awesome job with girls camp. I am so proud of you. I love going to concerts although we have never done an outside one before. Looks like fun and your hair is way cute!

Cami said...

Cool Becky! I was hoping to see pictures of you and Nels on your pioneer trek. You'll have to tell me all about it. But going to a concert and seeing light houses is totally cool. I love lighthouses. I have a big framed picture of a lighthouse in our living room and Daniel calls it "temple." We'll have to work on that, but it is beautiful. Love ya Fran!