Thursday, July 15, 2010

4th of July Weekend

My birthday is the 3rd of July which has its pros and cons. A definite pro is that usually Nels and I don't have to work because of the 4th. A con is most of the time we are travelling somewhere. But this year was great because we travelled to the D.C. temple. I loved every minute there. It was so beautiful and peaceful. We both had a wonderful time. The temple is about 3 hours away from where we live, but thankfully it's a pretty drive with lots of trees. Here's a few pictures:
My attempt at taking "artsy" photos.
Cheese! It was a very sunny day.
Another artsy picture.
It's hard to keep your eyes open, smile and look into the sun. Poor Nels put up with me though.
The 4th of July we travelled to Virginia Beach and spent time on the beach. Then we went to Fort Story and looked at lighthouses.
Taken from the Ground:
Taken from the Top of another lighthouse.

Here's the other lighthouse. Windy staircase almost to the top, then a ladder, then more windy stairs. I didn't count the stairs. It was a great view from the top though. This lighthouse was built in 1791! That's 219 years old! I bought both lighthouse magnets. My fridge is filling up with magnets since we've been here. Lots of things to see and do. Now that's a Pro!

No comments: