Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shining Stars

All day yesterday I helped set up for enrichment. I was in charge of decorations. The activity was a presentation where we spotlighted each sister. (Shining Stars) So we gave awards to each sister and told a little bit about them. In order to find out unique things about each of them, four of us called friends and husbands of the girls. It took a while, but they were surprised when they received their award. I got the surprise symphany award. Nels told them that I play the violin and french horn. HA, I haven't played the french horn since high school! Oh, well. Everyone dressed up...Sunday best to Black tie. This picture is a little blurry, but as you can see some girls did wear their prom dresses!I think overall it turned out pretty well, and of course we had a nice dinner that was served by our Bishopric.
So here's how the decor turned out. We used red paper for the "red carpet." We made a huge balloon arch and then hung stars from it. The balloon arch looked better 6 hours before. I believe some of the helium leaked out.

The center pieces were floating roses, hershey kisses and star confetti.
One of the highlights for the evening was the relief society presidents lip sync. They really got into it. The video doesn't have the best lighting, but at least it will give you an idea of what they did. We were laughing the whole time.



So Mom, now you know what to do with your presidency for the next enrichment. :)

Oh, by the way, even though it was a busy day, Nels and I voted early in the morning. Indiana State Senator Brent Waltz was there to greet us at the Murphy's Landing Community Church. It was pretty cool, and he got re-elected.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so proud of you Becky. The decor looks amazing. You're hired to decorate for all of our parties. :) Glad you got to vote, good job! I love this idea, I'll have to suggest it to the RS. I think they'll like it too.

Melissa said...

This was an awesome enrichment night!! I can't believe all the work and time that you and the others put into it. The ladies in your ward must feel pretty special!! You did a super job!!

Michael Judson said...

Cool!!! You did a good job!!

Kari and Jared said...

The decor looks awesome. You are super creative. We need enrichments like that!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job becky.

Rachel said...

Wow!! This looks so awesome Becky. I am always so amazed when people put together fun parties because I am SO not good at that kind of stuff. Are you guys going to be in Idaho during Christmas?! Because we are................ :)