Monday, March 3, 2008

Charity Ball

--Friday Night--

Nels and I dressed up and went to a Charity Ball that the MBA program hosted. The highlight of the evening was a live auction. Dances were auctioned off. A girl or boy would stand up and then people would bid for a dance with them. The lowest was for $40 and the highest was $110. Funny thing: One of the girls was being auctioned off and the bid was up to $50. The auctioneer stuck his foot in his mouth and said, "$50 that's a good price for her." The audience gasped and then he realized what he said and quickly tried to dig himself out by saying, "Oh, I bid $55, going once, going twice, sold to me!" Everyone was laughing so hard. Another time a girl was up there and her boyfriend was in the audience. The bid was getting up to about $75 and the auctioneer looks over at the boyfriend and says, "Are you going to step in any time soon?" The boyfriend finally did and ended the bidding with $100.

I remember watching date auctions on TV Sitcom's and thought they were hilarious so I really enjoyed watching this live auction.

There was also dinner and dancing. The food wasn't all that great, unfortunately. Also, the music was the kind you couldn't dance to very well. We mainly just talked with people and ate the one good food--delicious cheesecake. Here's a couple pictures:
I liked the color of the tickets.
Me, my boss Mary, and Rho a graduate assistant
This is not one of my favorite pictures, but I do like how we match. Nels was glad he had a tie that matched my dress, which is one of the reasons I wore it.

--Saturday Night--
Thank you for choosing the right airline and flying with LDS airlines. So funny! We went to a "How to Host a Murder" dinner/play. We went last year and loved it. We loved it again this year. The theme was an Airline and a theft that took place (instead of a murder). When we arrived at the church, they had the lines set up similar to the airlines. They checked our tickets with photo ID. Then we had to go through security. We had to take our shoes off, metal stuff and put them in a bin. Then we were taken to the waiting room and they had snacks for us. The "characters" of the play included the following:
Rockstar-He had a little guitar and some wild hair
Elder Delbert-just returning home from his mission
Loren Buffett-Warren Buffet's cousin
Grandma
Susan DeBop-Southern Bride (she was wearing a wedding dress)
Shana Fontanah
I can't even describe all of the funny things that were said and done. It was just great and perfectly played out. Oh, but I will say this... the Bride was the one that robbed the bank of $250,000 and was trying to get away because she wanted the fairy tale lifestyle. Only one picture which is of the snack bar in the waiting room.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds so fun! I wish I could get Del to go to that kind of stuff with me!

Anonymous said...

Becky and Nels you both looked so cute. I loved your shoes, your hair looked so pretty and I love that dress on you. Nels tie looked really good with your pretty dress.
I am glad to know what your boss looks like. Thank you so much for taking time to share with us.
Love,
Mom

Steve and Katrina said...

Becky,
I meant to ask you about your dress because I forgot about helping you. I'm sorry. It looks like you decided to just not do anything to it? I'm glad it worked out though.