Monday, February 25, 2008

Conference, Temple and Car Show

The day after Valentine's Day I had my big conference that I had been working on for the past 2 months. I actually woke up before 5:30 a.m.! It was a crazy, busy day, but it was a success! Over 150 people attended and we had about 30 volunteers helping us. The case competition went very well, with Purdue winning 3rd place. My feet were dead tired after the event, but it was worth it. My boss was very pleased and told me this conference was a lot better than last year. She also surprised me with a gift certificate to a spa for a manicure and pedicure. I love those type of rewards. :) If you want to learn more about the conference here's the website: http://www.gscmi.org/
Caught---The photographer took this picture. It's kind of cute. When my boss saw it she said, "Aw, the happy couple." I'll take that as a compliment. :)
This is where the conference was held, the Purdue Memorial Union North and South Ballroom.

I won't bore you with other pictures. Sooooo....

The next day (Saturday), after sleeping in we headed to Chicago. We went to the temple and we found a way there that we didn't have to pay any tolls! It was very nice to be there. Afterwards we went to the Chicago Auto Show. Nels and I have been to a car show every year that we've been married. Last year I endured two car shows! One was in Indianapolis and the other was in Chicago. We had a good time and Nels loved showing me all the things he loves and doesn't like about each car. Here are some pictures:

SWEET WHEELS!!! Nels is always looking at wheels so I took a few pictures for him.
Here are some pictures of the new concept cars. The top is a new Honda, the second row is a new idea for Jeep, the third one is a new Hummer and the last one I don't remember but I thought the orange color was awesome.

Give me some Ice Cream and I'm good for a little bit longer.

These were pretty cool--Jeep strollers!Last, but not least, Nels in front of the Volvo wagon, one of his "most" favorite cars that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you for writing--and I love the pictures. It really helps to see what you are doing.You look so cute. Thank you so much.
Love, Mom