Friday, February 22, 2008

Whirlwind of a Week!

To start off-Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone had a fun and maybe even romantic day! This year Nels did not do his normal flower and ice cream tradition and I actually did something for him. I had this crazy idea the day before Valentines of setting up a scavenger/treasure/challenges hunt for him to do at school. I worked all day so I asked Erik Christensen if he would help me out and be Nels' "guide" during the hunt. I also wanted Nels to have a guide so that pictures could be taken for my enjoyment later. :) I asked Nels the night before Valentine's day if he would do anything for me and if he would be a good sport the next day. He said he would, otherwise I probably would have done something different. Nels knew something was up, but he didn't know what.

This is how it went. Nels and Erik got out of class at 1 pm. Erik explained that he wanted to show Nels something after class. Thankfully, Nels went along with it and followed after Erik. Then Erik gave Nels the first clue which was written on a paper heart. Nels was definitely surprised. He figured out the clue which was "Dance, Dance, Dance for the world to see." (Behind the clue. Last year Nels, tired of studying, got up on the window ledge in a study/break room and did a little dance.) So Nels went to a break room and Erik video taped him dancing and singing a country love song. (As I had kindly requested on the next heart.)

The next challenge was a puzzle that Nels had to put together. The puzzle pieces had little love notes on the back of them. It was only a 25 piece puzzle with candy hearts on it.
The second clue led him to where I used to work in the Development office. One of my friend/co-workers had the next clue and gift. Nels received a huge Hershey Kiss and had to take a picture with his lips puckered. The next clue led him to where he works in the undergraduate career service center. The secretary there is so funny and she had the next clue. Judy is her name, and she kind of embarrassed Nels. The challenge was to hold a rose that I had left there between his teeth.

And the last clue was to go to the top of the parking garage and there Nels professed his undying love for me. Then he received a gift card to Cold Stone. Here are some pictures and the video of his efforts. Aw, he really does love me! He was definitely a good sport and I think in the end he had a good time.

Nels surprised me as well. His was a lot nicer than mine. When I got home from work he had dinner all ready for me. He grilled out steaks that he bought and did a special seasoning rub on them. He also salted the baked potatoes like Outback Steakhouse. Everything was delicious! He also rented a chick-flick movie. Isn't he sweet!

We were thinking about our gifts to each other and realized that we gave each other what we really wanted. I gave Nels, chocolate, a rose and ice cream (which is what I want) and Nels gave me a steak dinner (which is what Nels loves.) Oh well, in the end we share everything anyway, does it really matter who gave it?

More about the week and weekend will be posted later. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you both had a great Valentine's Day! Thank you for sharing with us.
Love,
Mom